Poll: What is the one 'must have' feature that you would like the streamer board to feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon RAAT compatible
43.80%
60 43.80%
UPnP
5.11%
7 5.11%
HQPlayer compatibility
0.73%
1 0.73%
Spotify connect
2.19%
3 2.19%
Apple compatibility, iTunes / Airplay
2.92%
4 2.92%
Self-hosted configuration mechanism to allow changes to the Devialet's configuration on the fly
5.84%
8 5.84%
Support for SPARK, to include Phantom compatibility via PLC
2.19%
3 2.19%
A fully self contained streaming system, i.e. no need for a computer, just add NAS or USB memory with music.
19.71%
27 19.71%
I would accept any kind of functionality if sound quality is clearly superior to AIR
10.22%
14 10.22%
Virtual soundcard, much like AIR but with superior sound quality and stability
7.30%
10 7.30%
Total 137 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Streamer Board - What is the 'must have' feature
I have extracted some of the most common requests from the 'New streamerboard, what functions do we want thread' to form this poll.  Unfortunately, the total number of features that we want collectively exceeds the 10 poll options available, we are a demanding bunch!  So I have had to slim this down to the key options to end up with 10 choices.

I have excluded the idea of having I2S input over a HDMI or RJ45 connector & wordclock input.  To be clear, I for one would be delighted if Devialet included functionality like this, that is something aimed squarely at the pursuit of ultimate sound quality, rather than simply adding features.  However, I think it is so unlikely that this will happen that I have excluded it from the poll options.  What I am thinking is that with the new streamer being an internal board, it simply will not be possible to have a wordclock input or HDMI.  I would be delighted to be proved wrong on this though!

So, there are 10 options to choose from.  The idea here is to choose the one feature you would like to see included, or perhaps it is more of a case of selecting the one feature that if not included would mean that the streamer board is of no use or interest to you.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
The new Streamer Board - What is the 'must have' feature - by Confused - 22-Jan-2017, 12:06