Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods
(09-Aug-2017, 10:16)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
Quote:Nothing to do with cartriges, but I also noticed that Oxford Audio were running the Blades using Isoacoustics Gaia isolation supports.

Confused's quote above from the Oxfird Audio Ortofon event coincided nicely with me coming across these the same week.

I've recently reversed the spikes on my facts to use the rubberised side in another trial of isolating them from the suspended wooden floor. I tried ages ago, and went back to spikes, but didn't really give it a fair trial and lots has changed since - including the amp.

The idea is to try and isolate, and then re-measure and setup new convolution.

The PMC included 'rubber' feet (no idea what they're actually made of) just slip over the rounded end of the spike, and are very small so they probably don't offer a huge amount of isolation. But that said, I was careful to keep the position identical and the sound has changed. It feels like there's less bass, which is the opposite if what I wanted to happen, but it also feels lessboomyvand I can turn SAM higher, so there may be something in it if I do new Room Correction with 100% SAM - which is what I intend to try next.

Anyway, that's the back-story. I'd ruled out things like Anzus and any other 'audiophile only' products with stupid prices and constant talk of rhodium, diamond, platinum, unobtanium etc, andcstarted loking at pro products. Which is where I cam across isoacoustics, and after askingvaround a friend who is a composer uses then under his speakers in his studio. Then I saw the GAIA range and figured sincectheyd entered the 'home hifi' or 'auidiophie' market they'd be stupidly expensive, but in fact the GAIA III which a set of (for one speaker) costs £199 and can support well over my facts 20kg, is less expensive than four of their pro pucks.

So, I'm probably going to give these a try if I can find a dealer that will loan me a couple of sets to experiment with.

The one thing I'm most unsure about is them raising the speakers up 30-40mm. One because the tweeter are already a touch high for my setup, and also it might just make the facts look a bit dumb - sitting my up on four 'blobs' (albeit reasonable looking ones) rather than nice and low to the floor like they are now. The Townshend platforms were on my radar previously and get round this by designing them into a whole support, but then they're also quite ugly and would stick out well beyond the speakers and aren't fret lounge friendly. Plus they're much more expensive and make the speakers really 'wobbly' which isn't what I want. I do hear they're good though and 'do what they say on the tin'.

So, anyway, figured I'd start a topic rather than clutter Confuseds one, for any other feedback/thoughts about these, would be interested to hear.....

You could try raising the back isolators higher than the front to rake the speakers slightly forward, to aim the tweeters at your head, if this doesn't interfere with the time alignment of the drivers too much.

I recently compared a pair of B&W 804 D3s with and without Gaias under them and much preferred them with the isolators. The bass especially seemed more controlled and deeper. The midrange stood out more, possibly because the bass was better sorted. They didn't affect the treble at all, as one might expect.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by ogs - 09-Aug-2017, 11:40
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 09-Aug-2017, 13:41
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by ogs - 09-Aug-2017, 14:45
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 11-Aug-2017, 23:24
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 15-Aug-2017, 08:19
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 21-Aug-2017, 08:12
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 21-Aug-2017, 13:01
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 14-Apr-2019, 13:33
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 16-Apr-2019, 01:09
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 25-Apr-2019, 01:01