Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP iOS remote app with Tidal and Qobuz integration
(21-Jan-2018, 16:26)LogA3 Wrote: Hello midi,

Sorry to read that.
In the meantime, I found this on the website of Devialet : https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles...ter-un-NAS

"Streamer de la musique directement du NAS au Devialet sans ordinateur, uniquement en sélectionnant un fichier depuis votre Ipad ou autre mobile device, n’est actuellement pas une fonctionnalité supporté.
Cette fonction s’appelle compatibilité UPnP  (ou DLNA). Nous ne supportons pas cette fonction pour le moment mais proposerons probablement une solution dans le futur. Nous voulons d’abord avoir une version correct car le protocole UPnP existant n’est pas approprié; "

Meaning : Upnp/dlna functionalities are not par of the currently supported technologies because they find the existing Upnp protocol is not "appropriate".  They suggest they could release something and propose a direct USB connection between their hardware and a NAS using USB cable as a solution (so you can pilot the music through spark application without use of a computer). Not sure this is applicable to the Phantom thought.

Also, as I was not aware of this technical limitation (thanks for your feedback!), and because having many different systems available and not being able to control all of them using one unique application will really be an major issue for my... wife...  I think I will cancel my order and shift to a B&O A9 which was part of my selection.  Even if I have to admit, the upgrade potential is not the same.

But being captive of one not interoperable system was already the reason why I decided not to move to Sonos...  I will certainly not go for this with another manufacturer.

Log

Some information on the Devialet website aren´t the newest one...

There is a beta functionality for the Phantoms as UPnP renderer. There is a UPnP functionality for the Experts with the new CI. But there is no Devialet app to stream from an UPnP server.

So you need a third partie app at the moment. I tried BubbleUPnP (which is Android) for this - both systems, Experts and Phantoms, are recognized and BubbleUPnP offers Qobuz. Only problem: it is Android.

There are some iOS UPnP apps, who work also with both systems, but they offer no Qobuz, Tidal...

Everything speaks in favor of a uniform Devialet UPnP software. but it is still dating.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana

Messages In This Thread
RE: UPnP iOS remote app with Tidal and Qobuz integration - by midi - 21-Jan-2018, 17:04