Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 120 (un-upgraded) as phono stage
Hi, everyone, as a Devialet user for 2 years I'm quite happy with my 120 Expert (the original version' I didn't upgrade) and now I'm starting to explore a bit in the world of TT and vinyls.

I have a Rega Planar 6 TT and am looking for a cartridge now. I want to have a low-output MC cartridge (Hana SL) to enjoy supposedly better sound quality. However, I did read in the forum that some Devialet users are not quite happy with Devialet as phono stage working with low-output MC cartridges, deeming it not good enough to power them. Problems such as constant humming noises are often mentioned.

I wrote to Devialet about this and was told that although the phono stage of my original 120 is not advanced as other models and it comes with no pre-out, it can still handle MC cartridges nicely coz Devialet has taken MC cartridges into consideration during their design. He/she didn't mention low-output MC in particular. In the configurator, I can see the option of MC and can set the output voltage below 1mv.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Messages In This Thread
Devialet 120 (un-upgraded) as phono stage - by mjledme - 03-Oct-2018, 11:51