Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ortofon 2M Black vs Nagaoka MP-500 vs Hana SL
hi, everyone, this is Bart from Brisbane Australia

I stared a thread yesterday inquiring about Devialet 120 as phono stage for low output MC cartridges and got a kind reply from @Confused. Now that I’m much confident about my Devialet 120 (I didn’t upgrade it), with my Rega Planar 6, I began to choose the champion from the candidates:

Ortofon 2M Black: I auditioned THE Ortofon 2M Black and quintet blue at a local dealer and found that the former is so much better in terms of details and sound quality. The dealer said maybe his $200 phono stage didn’t allow the quintet blue to show its full power. Quite possible.

Nagaoka MP-500: it is high recommended by some audiophiles for its boron cantilever and line contact stylus.

Hana SL: low output MC!!! While the former two are MM...

For the Hana SL, there is a local dealer but I’m not sure if I can audition. For Nagaoka, no audition is possible.

As for the price, I can buy Ortofon Black 2M at a special price of $700 AUD (RRP $999), while the other two are both $900 AUD. Also considering the stylus replacement, Ortofon Black 2M $700 AUD, Nagaoka MP-500 $400 AUD...

Any ideas and recommendations?

Thank you very much!

Messages In This Thread
Ortofon 2M Black vs Nagaoka MP-500 vs Hana SL - by mjledme - 03-Oct-2018, 22:15