Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K
(05-Dec-2018, 17:22)TheFactsOfLife Wrote: I put together an Intel Nuc with the lattest I7, top notch ram, set up poon and boy did it make a difference, next i brought the SBooster psu, brilliant.
This has been inconstant daily use since install, got better over time, the last edition to the pile was a PS Audio PP5 regenerator, fist running the front end then after a week or so evaluating plugged the 2 LE 200's in, i wasn't expexting much but i couldn't believe what i was hearing.
To put it to the test i invited fellow audio friends around on different times who all asked what was different, the hifi is in a small room nex to my listening room. They all agreed the differnce in sound for the better.
The most important thing is i can now listen to the Beonicks loud with no distrortion, bass bottoming, shrill top end, it's stoppedme looking for new speakers.

Curious as to specifically which I7 and what the NUC replaced?

Thx
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: £200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K - by baconbrain - 05-Dec-2018, 20:09