Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it worth it to upgrade from 250 to 250 PRO Infinity Core?
(10-Dec-2018, 17:27)flohmann Wrote: I did a direct comparison of a 250Pro against a 250CI (I happened to have both for a brief while), and found that the upgrade was significant in terms of sound quality. I agree with ogs description of the difference: more transparency and resolution, essentially. In fact, it was a more noticeable difference in my system than going from the 250CI to the 1000CI. Now whether it's worth the upgrade price is harder to judge, given all the other options out there. In my case, keeping a minimal number of boxes was a priority, so I found it worthwhile.

Also, for what it's worth, I tried the room correction path (Dirac) and found that the added complexity just wasn't a good fit to a hobby that's supposed to be about relaxation and music appreciation. I got where I needed to be with careful speaker placement and minimal room treatments. But your mileage may vary. :-)

Awesome ! thank you for the feedback bro ,,,, 
I think I am sticking with the Dirac route, so basically I am putting a MINIDSP SHD STUDIO in front of Devialet , all source goes to SHD , after the EQ , AES out 
directly to the DEVIALET , because I think if its really hard for a room to get the flat response, if there is a 10db dip or peak... then you either have to tune it to sacrifice another frequency to comp for that, what you can't hear due to a dip , you can't hear is my theory around this, so I am going to give that a try and circle back to report. 
especially I feel since we are tuning on the digital portion first , and then letting DEVIALET doing the DAC work, its should minimize the negative effect, so its going to D->D-> A     , not D->A->D->A    I thin it should work the magic ! lets see how it goes !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it worth it to upgrade from 250 to 250 PRO Infinity Core? - by 911turbos - 11-Dec-2018, 16:52