Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vrms - how does it work exactly?
In the Devialet Configurator, I've noticed some inputs have this Vrms setting. can someone explain, in layman terms,  how this works and what my real world results would be if i made changes to this setting? I'm assuming this would raise or lower the volume (gain) to my speakers at a given level (like a boost so to speak).

does the rms setting need tomatch the Speakers or the input device? curious if you guys use this setting and your outcome. 

Maximum input RMS level: the amplifier gain is adjusted to make it match the maximum RMS voltage at the speaker output (Factory Setting: 2 VRMS)

An excessive value requires to push the volume control higher and needlessly prepares the amplifier to high power demands, with slightly increased energy consumption and heat dissipation: this is especially the case if you connect the earphone output of a portable player (whose output voltage is limited to protect your ears) without choosing the corresponding low value preset; a too low value leads to clipping of the most dynamic records.

Messages In This Thread
Vrms - how does it work exactly? - by mmorrison55 - 17-Dec-2018, 23:42