Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Customer Service is the BEST
I know...the name of this thread reads familiar except for the last word... I just wanted to thank Devialet for what they've done for me and what better way than to post it here so everyone knows it's not all doom and gloom with Devialet support.

Some of you might remember that I bought my Od'A from a former member here at quite a reduced price. I wasn't looking to ever buy such a pricey amplifier but I jumped on it when Gentleman Jan offered it and I have no regrets.

By the time my Od'A arrived here in Australia, Devialet had already introduced the 1000 Pro and the CI board was announced. After a few weeks of Od'A owners bitching that they felt left out, Devialet decided to give all Od'A owners a free upgrade to 1000 Pro status as soon as the CI board was ready. It was a bit of a wait but late 2017 the CI board was finally announced. I ordered the upgrade and Devialet sent the boxes but then I read about all the dramas with the earlier firmware and I backed off. The boxes sat in my garage for almost a year.

Jump to mid August and I finally sent Devialet an email that I was ready to send my amps to Paris. Being holiday season in France, it took another month or so to organise postage but they finally arrived in Paris. 

I had a really big problem with my cases. Where it were sitting in my old living room it didn't catch enough light to see whether or not they were cleaned properly and when I took them out after nearly two years of use they looked like shit. There was nothing I could do to clean them and in a bit of a stupid moment I tried something that damaged the coating. I sent Devialet some photos and they said they would look into it.

After Devialet had said 'look', they told me the cases had 'environmental damage'. That to me read like a way to get out of fixing it by blaming the customer and in some way they were right. Although it must be said that the Od'A coating wasn't anywhere as good as the chrome version is. My D200 had sat in the same place two years prior and still looked like new.

Anyway, Devialet asked if I was ok with them using new cases and re-coating them with a better process. No mention of it being my own stupid fault they looked like they did. It took quite a while to get this new process tested and approved but they finally did it and sent them back. I received them Yesterday and of course installed them right away.

So essentially I have been given new cases AND new internals and therefore completely new amplifiers for free. Just because they introduced the 1000 Pro 6 months after the Od'A. I know of no company that's ever done those two things; come up with a better model only 6 months after introducing their top model but also upgrading that top model to improved top model status for free.

But wait, there's more! Tongue  The new and improved coating also looks a tad darker than the old one was. So it looks more like copper now than rose gold. That's a bonus to me because we have introduced copper fans and lights into our new living room so they fit right in.

The last thing to mention is the sound. I remember noticing a demise in sound quality when I packed up the Od'A and replaced it with the D200. It wasn't huge but it was definitely there. I thought to myself at the time how good the D200 is given the price difference. Well not anymore! The upgraded Od'A smokes the D200. 

After installation I put on some unfamiliar music that a mate had suggested so I couldn't really tell the difference. But then I went to clean the dishes and put on some St. Germain. I wasn't listening properly but just suddenly noticed how realistic the saxophone sounded. That's with amps that have been on for half an hour; pretty amazing. I haven't had a chance to sit in my listened seat and have a proper listen yet (I let my visiting brother in law have that pleasure) but it's clear from what I heard last night that my first proper session will be epic. 

So a bit thank you to Devialet. I never could have dreamed of owning an amplifier this good.

BTW, Devialet also upgraded an extra remote control I had bought for my D200. No extra cost, they just did it. No questions asked.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Customer Service is the BEST - by Pim - 29-Dec-2018, 03:54