Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help choosing a streamer
I would like to keep it around 2,000 usd or less. I could stretch it to 2500-3k if it blows away everything else at or below the 2k limit.

My current equipment includes a d200, OPPO cd/dvd player and appletv, that I use as an airplay streamer for Apple Music subscription.for any input interface,  I mainly have Apple iOS devices (iMac, iPhones and iPads),  it I do have a pc I use for gaming mostly that resides fairly lose to my d200. The Mac (and my router) is in the opposite side of the room and would not be ideal for any direct cabling. Wi-Fi is preferable. And while I currently use Apple Music, I am planning to try quboz as soon as it’s available in the us, which should be anytime now. I tried tidal, but honestly I did. It care for tidal interface, plus I can’t tell a difference in sq over Apple Music. I have been using the Apple Music and tidal iOS apps and AirPlay thru the atv to the devialet, So I’m hoping once I have the app running natively on the streamer that the sq will improve. 

I initially was thinking I would like a cd ripper/server,  but I don’t have a very large cd collection that would make ripping cds a priority,  but if my choice has this option it would be a nice bonus. The innuos line looks good for a ripper/server/streamer,  but anything within my budget from innuos may not be worth it over other options listed below.

For streaming, which I mainly do, I was thinking lumin u1 mini or auralic Aries g1.  Both seem to be about equal price and close in specs from what I can tell. 

I have read some reviews of how good the sq is with the sotm s200, but I must admit that I am not sure exactly what it is or what options I would actually need if I did go with something like the sotm. Nor am I sure I can stream via WiFi to the sotm. Plus I think sotm is not as plug n play as all others I have listed. I don’t mind putting the time to learn if the sq of the sotm is beyond the other options I have listed.

So I’m hoping I can get some feedback from fellow members who have experience with these devices or any others that you can recommend highly.

Thanks,

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Need help choosing a streamer - by mmorrison55 - 02-Jan-2019, 06:10
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by AaronG - 02-Jan-2019, 15:37
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by Laura - 02-Jan-2019, 16:15
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by BrianT - 03-Jan-2019, 12:44
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by midi - 03-Jan-2019, 21:42
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by BrianT - 04-Jan-2019, 00:44
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by yabaVR - 06-Jan-2019, 19:27