Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro
(11-Jan-2019, 20:15)zambie Wrote: Question - I bought a used unit and the SD card had a bunch of stuff in it outside of the cfg txt file - should I be formatting the SD card and just load the configurator text file on it?

Yes. Get everything off the card but the cfg.txt file. Here's a link to a 'how to'

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

Is there something I need to be doing with the router? Do I need to give the devialet a fixed IP? Is Devialet support/ customer care helpful? Really a bit lost. In the interim,have usb and airplay options working so I managed to hear some hi-res songs last night thru USB - but I definitely do want AIR as my primary transport layer. Any advice? Sad
Would Roon be much easier to manage the AIR transport layer? The Devialet would still probably need to be connected through ethernet to my router for a stable Roon AIR connection (should I choose to buy Roon - correct?)

DHCP usually works but some have better luck with a fixed IP address. Roon has come up with their own version of AIR. It just works. There's nothing more to say about it. If you go the Roon way, all you will end up doing is listen to music. The tinkering will be a thing of the past.

You can either use a router in between with Roon or go direct but that's a bit more complicated. Stick with the router for now.

Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro - by Pim - 11-Jan-2019, 20:59