Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New banner
I am not sure if I agree with @Chris Marshall.  Brexit has been (and still is) unpleasant and divisive, but it has nothing on a decent online cable debate. Where I do agree with Chris is that relative to many other audio forums, Devialet Chat is indeed a haven of civility, long may it continue.

To be honest, I am not sure if we can attribute the new banner quote to her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, or her scriptwriters and advisors, but we can be fairly sure that she would not have repeated those words had she not agreed with them.

The following is a bit of audio trivia relating to Her Majesty.

1. She is very keen on Roberts Radios, not the new digital ones, but the classic '50's examples with valves.  (One prefers a warm sound, no doubt she would find a Devialet a little clinical.)

2. The UK government was very keen to shut down all FW radio transmissions.  This had already been achieved with the switch from VHF to digital television, and much cash could be raised licensing out the FW radio spectrum for other use.  This has never happened, in part because Her Majesty put pressure on the government, apparently she was very upset that her beloved classic Roberts radios would no longer work in the palace.  One did not want to switch to the nasty digital DAB versions.

3. Dynatron, makers of fabulous Radiograms, are notable for having received a royal warrant.  Perhaps not coincidentally, Dynatron were ultimately bought out by Roberts Radios.  One does not like the fuss of separates.

4. By contrast, heir to the throne Prince Charles can see the benefits of separates but likes keep a sensible budget for his kit, he has awarded a royal warrant to Richer Sounds.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/richer-royal-appointment

5. Possibly as a quirk of her German ancestry, Her Majesty is massive Kraftwerk fan, but finds their 1975 album release "Radioactivity" a little dull in comparison to their other releases.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
New banner - by thumb5 - 01-Feb-2019, 15:55
RE: New banner - by Chris Marshall - 01-Feb-2019, 16:40
RE: New banner - by GuillaumeB - 01-Feb-2019, 21:21
RE: New banner - by Confused - 02-Feb-2019, 14:56
RE: New banner - by Pim - 02-Feb-2019, 21:23
RE: New banner - by alandbush - 02-Feb-2019, 21:50
RE: New banner - by Pim - 02-Feb-2019, 21:54
RE: New banner - by Confused - 11-Jan-2021, 13:14
RE: New banner - by Rufus McDufus - 11-Jan-2021, 13:23