Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
The good news... Roon RAAT is released!

The bad news (for me) is that it is not behaving well with hi-res flac.  On playing pretty much any album at 192kHz, 24Bit (and sometimes with 96khz), I'm getting...  

An audio file is loading slowly.  This may indicate a performance or hardware problem.  

The audio often drops out and occasionally the track is skipped.   It is happening with both my music and with Qobuz in Roon.  This also happens occasionally with 96kz, 24Bit music.  I've not seen it (yet) with normal CD res music.

This is only happening via Roon RAAT.   It does NOT happen with Roon AIR nor with my microRendu to USB input.   In perusing the Roon forums, it seems that when others have seen this in the past, it has often been network issues.   I'm running RoonServer on Win 10 i7 desktop PC on a gigibit network with structured wiring throughout my home.  I've not had any issues with Roon before now (well, at least not since I got rid of Devialet AIR to use Roon AIR).   

Anyone else run into this?  I have posted the question on the Roon forums.   I feel a need to start troubleshooting my network, but hardly know where to begin since I've not seen any network issues until this.

On the plus side, I have to concur that everything playing via my Expert Pros since the firmware/DOS upgrade has sounded better (well, except for the whole issue above ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by mdconnelly - 13-Feb-2019, 23:20