Poll: Do you prefer Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon Integrated AIR
23.08%
30 23.08%
Roon RAAT
34.62%
45 34.62%
They sound the same
16.92%
22 16.92%
Not sure, they sound similar, maybe depends on what music I am listening to.
13.08%
17 13.08%
I realy can't be bothered to A/B test
12.31%
16 12.31%
Total 130 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
(18-Mar-2019, 07:29)Pim Wrote:
(18-Mar-2019, 07:04)douglas Wrote:
(17-Mar-2019, 21:55)Greg Wrote: Hmmm, originally I voted for Roon RAAT, because the initial impression smarted of more detail and sound reality. Apologies but after extensive listening I have changed my mind and I now prefer Roon intergrated AIR. On many recordings, Roon RAAT is harsh and glassy edged sound wise in the treble. Air is more subtle and balanced and certainly does not have any courseness to the sound. Because of this finding I did a simple blind test with three of my friends and they unanimously favoured AIR. Furthermore, my personal comparisons have concluded that using AIR does not lose any detail.

IMHO, Roon needs to do some work on RAAT to make it listenable. At the moment, it doesn’t make the standard. Bizarre that their previous software for Roon AIR works better than their latest version With Roon RAAT, an expected flagship.
Hi, your experience exactly echo mine with RAAT and it's the glassy edge that made RAAT unlistenable, however, I wonder if ROON did make an update of sorts, as I made another comparison last night and that edge was gone, with great bass definition.  I need to do a detailed comparison all over again.

Both of you have just solidified my initial finding that there is no difference between RAAT and AIR.
There is a difference between the 2 at any point in time. There may be a variation,  but AIR and RAAT sounds different. It's of course not night and day.
220 Pro/CI, Well Tempered Versalex/Kiseki PurpleHeart, QNAP HS 251+ NAS/Roon, Furutech e-TP86 power distributor, Audoquest NRG10 Power Cable, Furutech Flux-50 filter, Furutect Powerflux Power Cable, Furutech Speakerflux Speaker Cables, Sonus Faber Stradivari. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR - by douglas - 18-Mar-2019, 11:57