Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound comparison Devialet Roon input vica Devialet with separate streamer with Roon
I have now done all the software upgrades needed and done an AB testing with the Devialet Roon input connected with Ethernet cable to a switch then to my QNAP NAS, and compared this to my existing Auralic Aries Streamer (the version with upgraded PS) which is connected to Devialet Pro 1000 with an USB cable.

Both inputs are connected to the same QNAP NAS with a Roon Core Server "ROCK" installed, and I have integrated TIDAL through the Roon Software.

To my big surprise I experience that the soundstage is much better/clearer and more depth and dynamics on the Auralic Aries Streamer. When I switch to the Devialet Roon input, I feel that the music sounds poorer, less soundstage compared to the Auralic Aries set up.

Have anyone of you tested like described above, and what is your experience so far with Devialet Roon set up?
Devialet 1000 Pro, Black Magic DIG-IT MKII RCA-XLR link- Wilson Audio Sophia 3, IsoAcoustic GAIA 1- Roon Nucleus Plus, inboard 8TB SSD, Sbooster power supply- Synergistic Research Atmosphere Devialet Spec AC, Tesla T3 & Hologram D - Synergistic Research PowerCell 10 - Chord English switch, Wireworld Starlight TWINAX CAT 8 - Synergistic Research Tesla Apex speaker cables
                                                                                                                                 Oslo - Norway

Messages In This Thread
Sound comparison Devialet Roon input vica Devialet with separate streamer with Roon - by Toca - 21-Feb-2019, 11:41