Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom remote control (hardware)
Hi from Italy.

I’m a brand new owner of a couple of Phantom Golds + Dialogue. I also own a single Phantom Classic  positioned in a different room and used as a mono/mix speaker.

Satisfied with the purchase and products. I used to be an audiophile with the classic big, heavy, expensive multi component hi-fi set. I do not regret I left  behind a 60k€ system while accepting minor but subtle quality listening limitations given by these new surprising toys. Flexibility, space saving and easy use was my need. File streaming is just what I need: it is the present and future development of the industry in any case, both for movies and music. 

The only minor downside (at the moment) is the volume control. A bit annoying to wake up the iPhone every time you need some volume adjustment and enter the Remote App (above all while watching movies when large volume gaps happen, e.g. action movies). At the same time the Devialet App Remote is not even immediately responsive as you touch the “virtual” knob; it takes a couple of seconds to “wake up”. The whole operation takes a few seconds that, even if not tragic, are distracting above all during movies.

If I set the volume control using the + and - buttons onto the iPhone or iPad, this is not granular enough to reach a satisfying dB emission. The volume gap is too large btw one touch and the other. 

Question: does the phisical -separately sold- Remote Control (hardware) solve these problems?
I mean: easy use/connection and immediate responsive feedback as you rotate the knob?

Surfing the web I see few very user reviews and some old and pour comments referred to few years ago (2015-2016).
The thing is not cheap and I just want to be sure to spend money properly. I feel like nobody knows if this hardware will be really updated soon.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Messages In This Thread
Phantom remote control (hardware) - by massi.rav - 12-Mar-2019, 23:27