Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom remote control (hardware)
(14-Mar-2019, 09:15)PJohnnydev Wrote:
(13-Mar-2019, 22:33)massi.rav Wrote:
(13-Mar-2019, 19:52)Johnnydev Wrote: I have them not connected by Bluetooth but directly to one off the phantoms and it connect straight away to the other

Ok, so I guess this is happening also when you change from one room to another one and you get in proximity of a different phantom (and once the remote was previously paired with every phantom speakers).

I don’t now

I have then bought the Devialet Remote.
For the benefit of other readers: it works well indeed and I am mostly satisfied (even if expensive for the simple job it offers).

It probably pairs using Bluetooth with the phantoms. If, like me, you have two phantom systems in two different rooms (multiroom phantoms) and just one single Devialet Remote, you need to pair it to the phantom/s every time you change the listening room and you want to use the same Remote. 

Anyway pairing is a matter of three-four seconds by just bringing the Remote close to the speaker. If the speakers are both/all joined in the same room, it is enough to pair the remote to just one speaker. 

Downsides:
- The remote has an “infinite turning” metal knob (very smooth feeling) so a display indicating the dB level would have been appreciated. Otherwise it could have been enough having a knob with a “finite” turning/screw rotation, so to easily get minimum and maxim db level like in any standard -not displayable- volume knob ever existed. Nevertheless this is a very minor downside to me. 
- the remote probably goes in a sort of stand-by mode after few seconds folllowing the very last rotation. So if you want to instantly turn up the volume, the first tentative of rotation wakes up the remote, the second rotation raises the volume. It is a matter of one second so this is better than the same operations done with a tablet or phone (wake up the phone, insert the protective code or face/print control, then raise the volume with the application). 

The hardware remote is actually very granular for the dB increases or decreases, just like the App. 

Hope it helps other interested listeners.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom remote control (hardware) - by massi.rav - 15-Mar-2019, 22:03