Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet/Roon Ready strangeness
This is a weird one.

I had a thunderstorm last night and shut down and unplugged the system. This morning I plugged everything back in, started up the system and started to continue playing the album I was playing last night when I shut the system down. Roon was showing that I was playing to the Roon Ready input of the 140 and everything was sounding normal. That album finished and I started on another one then got up to make breakfast. As I walked past the 140, I noticed that its display said I was using the AIR input so I went back and checked. Roon was showing the Roon Ready zone was in use, the signal path info said the signal was going to the 140 with RAAT, I opened up Roon's Audio setting menu and the Roon Ready zone was active and the AIR zone was inactive. Everything I could check in Roon said I was using RAAT and the 140's display said I was using the AIR input.

So I changed the 140's input to Roon Ready by using the input button on my Devialet remote. Music kept playing with no difference in sound and the 140's display now showed the Roon Ready input.

After the album finished I turned the Devialet off and restarted it again with another album. This time the 140's display showed the Roon Ready input, music was playing, and everything was totally normal.

Has anyone else had this situation occur with their Devialet's display showing a different streaming input to the stream the amp was receiving?
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Devialet/Roon Ready strangeness - by David A - 14-Mar-2019, 22:52
RE: Devialet/Roon Ready strangeness - by ogs - 15-Mar-2019, 13:57