Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro
I saw this Opus 51 review of the Lyngdorf TDAI-3400, which, in terms of specs, is a direct competitor of the Devialet Expert 220 Pro.  It's a French review, so I had to use Google Translate to read it.  The Lyngdorf is a direct digital integrated amp, is Roon Ready, and has a sophisticated room correction system, dubbed Room Perfect, which, in a sense, could replace the functionality of SAM with some key differences (SAM protects the speaker and specifically optimizes it while Room Perfect optimizes any speaker for your specific room).  Here is a summary with a reference to Devialet:

The Lyngdorf TDAI-3400  is the "Swiss army knife" of HiFi. It is a DAC, audio server, room corrector and amplifier. All in all, for a tight budget (about 5,000 euros) you will be the proud owner of a simple and discreet box, a technology easy to implement that will replace almost all the elements of your high-fidelity system for a result much higher than what a Devialet 220 Pro can offer, for example.

While I recognize this is a Devialet community site, does anyone have experience with Lyngdorf, whether the TDAI-3400 or its precursor TDAI-2170?
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro - by Flashman - 23-Mar-2019, 13:40