Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Devialet produce "alive" music?
Reality check, no system on the planet is going to sound "alive" in reproduction, it's all just an illusion, and the quest for the absolute sound will never materialize but it does continue to get better.

I think what @Alve is really trying to ask is if the Devialet sound, especially on vocals, is realistic.  As others have noted the recording is going to dictate that to a large degree.  Interestingly enough only one comment was made about his speakers and to be frank about it that's where closer examination should be focused.

In my experience, Vandersteen speakers come across as a bit dry in the presence region where vocals are the most desirable.  There is a noticeable lack of dynamism and sparkle when I demoed them with various equipment from the likes of Theta, Ayre and Jeff Rowland especially.  Like the Jeff Rowland I suspect the synergy between the Devialet and the Vandersteens does not bode well as @Alve is suggesting.

My preference for using B&W speakers is because the all important vocal reproduction is their raison d'être.  There's nothing wrong with realistic vocal reproduction under the Devialet's direction provided the right speakers are chosen for the job.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Messages In This Thread
Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 04-Apr-2019, 13:32
RE: Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by RebelMan - 06-Jul-2019, 12:48