Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(26-Aug-2019, 20:45)markush Wrote: And again ROON‘s COO  says it’s all up to Devialet and they are in charge for the fix. So as it‘s not on Roon‘s side we are depending on Devialet. And not a single feedback of it Sad

That may well be the case, but personally, I think Roon are being a little devious here. If you read back on Roon, Danny clearly says that any external product that wants to become Roon Ready has to submit a software package to Roon initially for it to be approved. Once it is approved, it becomes a feature both on Roon and, in this case, Devialet. Devialet passed that Roon test  and it became ‘Roon ready’ as a result. Subsequently problems have been revealed so as well as Devialet not getting it right, Roon’s Quality control assessment has also failed. Reading the Roon forum it seems they now know what the problem is, but it something only Devialet can sort out. Having attended the event with Mathieu Pernot a couple of months ago, I have no expectation that Devialet will get this sorted even with the help Roon has provided for them as the company direction emphasis seems to be on products other than our expert amps.

Bottom line for me is it is Roon at fault. Their analysis of Devialet’s Roon ready software was incorrect. It lead to them giving Devialet the ‘Ready’ certificate when the software was faulty. They should have refused the certificate until Devialet got it right. For me, this is a major black mark against Roon.
Now the problem is Devialet don’t seem to be applied to sorting their top of range products and want to concentrate on cheap product collaboration for other companies. We, the owners of Expert Pro kit are the ones that suffer. That is a crap situation and there is bugger all we can do about it except protest. Would a co-ordinated protest be worthwhile?
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Greg - 26-Aug-2019, 22:31