Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll.
(10-Jul-2019, 12:43)Sailor4W Wrote: I switched a few months ago from Mac Mini to Aurender N100H with an internal 4 TB HDD. Fantastic system, Never ever regretted the switch!

(11-Jul-2019, 00:28)RebelMan Wrote:
(10-Jul-2019, 09:42)Stino Wrote: Sorry to contradict the above but the Mac mini is not a Great streamer. You can put an ssd in it, a new power supply and so on, but then still you will be better of with a dedicated streamer for the same price. You will find this conclusion on many online fora and I believe John Darko reviewed in the past Some cheaper alternatives to the Mac mini... Good luck and have fun.

Wrong.  The Mac mini is a fantastic streamer and it cannot be bettered.  Modding it with SSDs and different power supplies make no difference whatsoever to signal integrity.  I can show you objective measurements that prove this, can you to the contrary?  Where people go wrong is in how they configure it and how they use it which done incorrectly can make the Mac mini underperform.  However, there is nothing inherent about the hardware that is faulty or inferior to any other streamer.

The people that spread the mistruths about the Mac mini are the same people that BELIEVE upgraded power cords and power conditioners and voltage regulators and so forth are better than using stock equipment.  These people take leaps of faith and pawn it off to others that they can hear the difference, which is all bunk.  If people want to invest in other solutions that is perfectly fine and I can see the value in doing so.  But spreading mistruths that it's going to sound better just for having done so is grossly misleading.  Observing and sharing the science in audio is is far more valuable and rewarding than learning and spreading the faith in audio.

How should you configure a Mac for the best music listening experience?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by BoyScout - 06-Jul-2019, 19:51
Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by ruivilar - 06-Jul-2019, 23:14
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by Stino - 10-Jul-2019, 09:42
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by Stino - 11-Jul-2019, 16:48
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by KraaijCheck - 13-Jul-2019, 07:52
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by Pim - 10-Jul-2019, 11:04
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by thumb5 - 11-Jul-2019, 13:28
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by thumb5 - 11-Jul-2019, 16:30
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by thumb5 - 11-Jul-2019, 16:31