Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use Phantom Gold as front speakers in 11.2 home theater set up
Hello! I am from Thailand.  I have 3 Gold Phantoms, 2 Dialog boxes and 5 Reactors 600.  No dealers in Thailand seem to know how to set up the speakers except in streaming mode.  Can any one please advise me how to connect the 2 Gold Phantoms as front speakers in a surround set up?  My receiver has separate RCA outputs for each channel.

Questions for Phantom Gold:-

1.  Can I connect front right and left RCA outputs of the receiver to an Analog to Digital converter with one Toslink output, and then connect to the Dialog optical input and have it stream left and right channel sound to the Phantoms?  (The left and right channel sound have gone through the receiver's surround decoder with low frequency cut off set at 80Hz.)

2.  Or can I use 2 ADC's to convert the receiver's L and R channel separately, and connect the Toslink cables to each Phantom without using the Dialog at all? 

2.  If I can connect either way, will the sound level be matched to the rest of the system speakers?  ( I have 2 subs and 9 surround speakers and can set each speaker's level through white noise or Audyssey automatic set up.  Do I need line level amplification before connection to the ADC?

Questions for Reactor:-

1. Can I use RCA to 3.5mm cables to connect the receiver's RCA outputs directly to the Reactors as front left and right and center channel?  Again, will the sound level be matched with the rest of the surround system?

Finally, thank in advance for anyone who can advise me on this connection issue.  I love the sound of Devialet, but the set up to normal home theater system seems very confusing to an average user like me.

Best regards,
Chai

Messages In This Thread
How to use Phantom Gold as front speakers in 11.2 home theater set up - by chaiwongwaiwit - 10-Sep-2019, 08:26