Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Os 2 where's the deezer and other music stream connection
(01-Nov-2019, 23:42)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(01-Nov-2019, 17:27)steve_denney Wrote: Can someone please confirm my thinking. If the new App doesn’t offer native streaming for Tidal etc then is Upnp the best way to listen because it is lossless? Bluetooth or airplay is lossy and that was why Tidal was embedded into Spark to provide a better sound quality. Thanks
Am still on DOS1 waiting for confirmation that DOS2 UPnP has at least the same sound quality. BubbleUPnPn connects directly to Tidal and is better (more body) than Tidal using Spark. I did a detailed comparison and found that UPnP was significantly better than Airplay and Optical

Bluetooth is lossy but Airplay is lossless but limited to 16/44.1

To answer your question, yes, use UPnP for Tidal. This post indicates it is working with DOS2
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...2#pid87552
When testing Spark VS UPnP, did you ensure that the output volume was the same? Not the one in Spark but actually measured volume. Just the smallest difference in volume will have an impact on the perceived sound quality.

Now on topic; Tidal with Bubble UPnP still works well with DOS2.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

Messages In This Thread
RE: Os 2 where's the deezer and other music stream connection - by ragwo - 02-Nov-2019, 00:22