Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summary of Known Devialet Issues
If you have both connections enabled, try disconnecting the ethernet cable and see whether you think wifi sounds better. If it does, disconnect the ethernet cable and also the input. If you think ethernet sounds better and you aren't using wifi for any other source, disconnect wifi. Basically, if you're only using one network connection on the Devialet, why not just have only that one network connection enabled?

I'm being pragmatic here. I can't see a point to having more connections enabled than I'm using because it results in needing to cycle through inputs I'm not using to get to inputs you are using when I swap inputs. I'm lazy and reducing the number of times I have to press the Input button on the remote makes life an infinitesimally small bit easier. I also have a vague feeling that things sound better with fewer inputs enabled but I won't swear to that. I also think I get a small improvement if the only zone I have enabled in Roon's audio settings is the zone I'm using but I won't swear to that either, though that makes more work for me when I want to listen to the B&W Wedge speaker I use in my bedroom because then I have to disable the Devialet zone and enable the Wedge zone, and reverse that process when listening to the Devialet again. I think disabling the zone I'm not using in Roon makes a bit more improvement in sound quality than disabling unused inputs on the Devialet but both make very small differences if at all. You could put my behaviour down to OCD and I wouldn't deny the possibility that you'd be right about that.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Summary of Known Devialet Issues - by Confused - 11-Jan-2020, 13:29
RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - by David A - 14-May-2020, 23:27
RE: ATE - by Confused - 17-Sep-2023, 11:10