Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD Player vs CD Transport Advice Sought
Hi All,

I didn't make a follow-up or conclusion post (apologies), but I did get the Cambridge CXC transport. Even new they are not expensive and this very lightly used unit is like new. Even had the plastic on the front display. I haven't had a CD player in some time, probably three years a least, but my impression is that, with the CD into the Devialet DAC, things just sound good. I'd almost say 'simple' as a description.The instruments and music sort of feel as if it is all 'just there' with no fuss or extra drama. Certainly nothing that is harsh or abrasive. (look, more adjectives!). I can tell that it is not the Naim sound, but I'm not finding it less good for being different. No less oomf or drive than the Naim, but perhaps less percussive on the bottom but with more air on the top?

Anyhow, that is my mini-review. Playing Jordi Savall or the Interpreti Veneziani disc Vivaldi in Venice (2018) really lets the wonderful live room acoustics come through naturally and easily. And on and on I go.... 

Thanks to everyone who contributed for their help. Very much appreciated.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: CD Player vs CD Transport Advice Sought - by Damon - 31-Jul-2020, 21:31