Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog replacement for device independent music
Hi

On reason for me not to upgrade to DOS 2 is that most casual music listening in my family is radio playback. The first one in the family that gets up starts Sparks and plays the radio and everybody in the family can change stations etc. The playback doe not depend on the device that initiated the listening. This depends on the dialog box that somehow plays the internet radio streams. 

With DOS 2 the Dialog box is no longer needed and as I understood it so far you can only stream directly from your app. This means, no radio and if you use a radio app and stream using Airplay, the radio only works when the phone playing the stream is in the room. Does not work. 

So, what product do I need to have an internet radio streamer? I don't want to attach a box with a cable to the Phantom though. I mean, one reason to have phantoms is to not have the cable mess. I am not going to add a cable just for a stupid radio. 

I need something that replicates the old radio feature of dialog. I guess something that can do UPnP output or something. I just did not find any internet radio streaming product that explicitly states such a setup. It seems all streamer products act as a stream receiver and like to be attached to an amplifier of some sort. But I need a UPnP or Airplay stream output. 

Can anyone point me to a device that can do this? I need: 
- A device that can stream internet radio URL's to the Phantoms
- Simple iOS app to switch radio stations and control volume of that device
- A physical remote to witch stations would be a bonus

Any ideas? Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Dialog replacement for device independent music - by gelasma - 05-May-2020, 22:30