Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to connect NUC (i7) with Roon Rock to Devialet
Hi,

I hope to find some good tips on how to best doing the following:

My situation, i have an intel nuc i7 running roon rock on intel optane memory, configured as ssd. I know, right now this doesn’t make a difference for rock, apart from booting insanely fast ;-)

This nuc is connected to the network via a simple switch, as is the Devialet and the music is stored on a nas also connected to this network.

Recently i bought a keces p8 lps for the nuc, which made a great improvement over a hdplex, much to my supprise i must add.

So this tasted like there must be more to squeech out of it.

Now, when i very much would like to keep the one box solution for the nuc (apart from lps), is there a better way sound wise to connect this into the system, propably directly to the Devialet (using aq diamond usb, or something)?

Does it make a (big) difference to store the music collection on a large ssd within or directly connected to the nuc instead?

If cost is not directly an object, what would make a real difference?

Also, is it interesting to upgrade the simple dc power cord coming from the keces lps?

Know, a lot of questions which propablly don’t have one answer to rule them all, any help and tips are very welcome!
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components

Messages In This Thread
Best way to connect NUC (i7) with Roon Rock to Devialet - by Bartype - 27-Jun-2020, 09:13