Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review
Electricity outlets differ depending on country. If mains is grounded polarity is not (should not be) an issue. In my country Norway it was only mandatory to have grounded outlets in the kitchen and bathroom (house-ground used to be connected to the copper water inlet pipe. With no ground one could easily be "electrocuted" by touching a water tap and a badly designed appliance). The living room, where stereo normally resides, mostly had floating mains. With floating mains, polarity matters, even with a switching power supply. Here is a device that helps measure this: https://www.vandenhul.com/product/the-polarity-checker/
Nowadays the water pipe is plastic so house-ground is terminated differently. I don't know current regulations, but I think new houses and flats have grounded outlets everywhere, like UK and US.
The reviewer may be using floating power which is why it makes a difference worth writing about.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review - by ogs - 03-Jul-2020, 22:25