Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert and basic subwoofer setup & configuration
Hello All, 

Forgive me if this is an old topic. I have searched, and also looked at the Devialet website. I am looking for guidance on the connection of a subwoofer to my D220 Pro CI. 

I have the two digital inputs closest to the antenna assigned to my Sonos Connect and to a CD transport; I think these are digital 1 and digital 2. There are no other inputs or outputs assigned to any other port on the back of the amp. These two connections seem to be the only jacks that can be configured as outputs. Is this correct? 

Looking at the configurator, I cannot tell that I can assign the default Line 1 or Phono 2 to be pre outs. 

My questions are:

1. Can I assign one of the other connections to be a pre out to go to a powered subwoofer?

2. Are there any particular connections that you recommend I look for in a subwoofer, or that are necessary for a subwoofer connection? 

3. I think that I assign a pre-out for the subwoofer with a low-pass flier; is this correct?

On balance, I do not need a great deal of additional bass, and really, I'm just trying to give my wife a bit more boogie when she falls into the electro-dance party mode. Just a bit more air movement, not a seismic shudder. I'm also not looking for a home theatre/ movie impact. I absolutely want a musical product. Explosions are not an issue. 

I'm attaching a screen shot of my current configurator in the hope that this makes advice simpler and easier for any who can help. And I need all the help I can get so any and all advice and guidance is very welcome. 

Thanks very much. 

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Expert and basic subwoofer setup & configuration - by Damon - 07-Jan-2021, 05:58