Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Phantom II 95 play “new” Apple Hi Res?
(07-Sep-2021, 19:58)ogs Wrote: The only advantage is that if Roon can send 88.2 and 96kHz to a device it will also be possible to enable it's "1st MQA unfold". If RAAT sees only 48kHz capability Roon will disable MQA handling all together. I'm not saying that MQA is something I like, but a lot of users will want it so the difference between 48kHz and 96kHz is significant. The first screen shots I saw from early Roon RAAT signal path to Phantoms were 48kHz (as defined by the info Roon got during RAAT handshake). I thought this was still the case.
Good point! I’m personally in the Qobuz universe, but for Tidal users this indeed is an important argument. Great, Devialet and Roon sorted this out that users can appreciate best quality available. Still, I think Devialet could somehow with Roon make a path that the Ti DAC in the Phantoms could receive a 192k/24bit directly from RAAT to convert to an analog output. Let’s see what the future brings. I’m definitely happy already now with the SQ of my Qobuz-Roon-Phantoms or my local_files-Roon-Phantoms chains. No signal interference, no need of expensive cables, no ground loops, no snake oil needs Smile, happy Phantom owner!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Phantom II 95 play “new” Apple Hi Res? - by streamy - 07-Sep-2021, 22:17