Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Oppo 103 to Devialet 120/200
Hi guys,

i am in the process of finding the right Devialet expert for me in combination with my AVR used for 5.1 cinema audio. for this setup I am intending to connect the AVR pre outs to the devialet line ins which can be configured accordingly.

Now, I am intending to consolidate my devices used for CD, SACD and blu ray seperately into the highly recommended oppo 103 device.

Here is what I would like to do but I am not sure, if this is possible. Maybe this even belongs into a oppo forum:
1.When using blurays, I would like the oppo to use the HDMI output connected to my AVR and to pass through both sound and picture
2. When using CDs/SACDs, I would like the oppo to use the toslink output connected to the Devialet so that Devialet's DAC is being used

Is this mix setup even possible? Or do you have better suggestions?
Yes Of course,
You just have to connect your Oppo 103 in HDMI with your AVR and with your D120/200 in Optical ou or coaxial Input. This is exactly my configuration !
Very very great.

I was just unsure if oppo understands that he should use HDMI output when playing bluray and optical output when playing CD/sacd
with the Toslink connection you will not get the highres (SACD) signal to your Devialet. I have purchases the Audiopraise Vanity board for the Oppo 103D, and that works very nice, highres out over SPDIF to my Devialet 200
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
(21-Feb-2016, 03:33)imprezap2 Wrote: with the Toslink connection you will not get the highres (SACD) signal to your Devialet. I have purchases the Audiopraise Vanity board for the Oppo 103D, and that works very nice, highres out over SPDIF to my Devialet 200

To clarify further, check page 62 of the Oppo 103 user manual, which states that no SACD digital output can be output via toslink/coax.  Whether native or converted internally to PCM, it is output only via HDMI or analogue.

The Audiopraise Vanity mod board replaces the analogue output board with its digital output board which converts SACD, as appropriate, for use via coax.
(21-Feb-2016, 13:32)alandbush Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 03:33)imprezap2 Wrote: with the Toslink connection you will not get the highres (SACD) signal to your Devialet. I have purchases the Audiopraise Vanity board for the Oppo 103D, and that works very nice, highres out over SPDIF to my Devialet 200

To clarify further, check page 62 of the Oppo 103 user manual, which states that no SACD digital output can be output via toslink/coax.  Whether native or converted internally to PCM, it is output only via HDMI or analogue.

The Audiopraise Vanity mod board replaces the analogue output board with its digital output board which converts SACD, as appropriate, for use via coax.

Hi, I am using the Oppo BDP-103EU with coaxial connected to my Devialet 200, and since you have both Oppo 103eu and Auralic Aries, it would be great to know what sound difference can I expect from the Auralic, and if its worth the investment.

I also just found out about the Vanity HD board mod, dont know if its still available for purchase and if its recommended instead of buying a Aralic Aries.

Thanks.