Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016)
(31-Mar-2016, 10:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Joking aside, I'm really surprised that Devialet didn't send Guillaume Od'A #001/100 as a goodwill gesture of thanks.  Apart from being a nice guy and one of Devialet's biggest fans, his running this forum has probably saved them a fortune in support costs alone, as well as helped build a sense of community and knowledge around the brand, both of which surely benefits them as a company.

When I've talked with Devialet support and mentioned what I've learned in this forum they have had only negative reactions. I've told them I wouldn't have bought my D400 without this forum. This forum has solved issues for me that Devialet support has "worked on" for months without success. This forum is the most useful source of information or advice about Devialet. Oh wait, that's probably what Devialet dislikes. To be fair I'm sure they dislike our misinformation, ignorance, and griping (all of which occasionally happen). For a company that doesn't believe in listening to their products I'm sure they think we're a bunch of nuts for debating the different sound of each firmware release. They've said there's no difference after all, so how could we think there is? Anyway, I'm not sure that Devialet loves us here so it is our job to appreciate Guillaume and everyone else who makes this such a great community. Thanks!
(31-Mar-2016, 12:22)deviousalet Wrote:
(31-Mar-2016, 10:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Joking aside, I'm really surprised that Devialet didn't send Guillaume Od'A #001/100 as a goodwill gesture of thanks.  Apart from being a nice guy and one of Devialet's biggest fans, his running this forum has probably saved them a fortune in support costs alone, as well as helped build a sense of community and knowledge around the brand, both of which surely benefits them as a company.

When I've talked with Devialet support and mentioned what I've learned in this forum they have had only negative reactions. I've told them I wouldn't have bought my D400 without this forum. This forum has solved issues for me that Devialet support has "worked on" for months without success. This forum is the most useful source of information or advice about Devialet. Oh wait, that's probably what Devialet dislikes. To be fair I'm sure they dislike our misinformation, ignorance, and griping (all of which occasionally happen). For a company that doesn't believe in listening to their products I'm sure they think we're a bunch of nuts for debating the different sound of each firmware release. They've said there's no difference after all, so how could we think there is? Anyway, I'm not sure that Devialet loves us here so it is our job to appreciate Guillaume and everyone else who makes this such a great community. Thanks!

We that's very kind of you both to say, really!   Blush

Can I just take this opportunity to say that all my interactions with engineers and commercial reps at Devialet have always been very positive. Indeed I have been thanked by them on more than one occasion. I also know that they take this forum seriously and although they choose not to actively participate they do read a lot of what goes on in here. Whether they act on any of it is anyone's guess, I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens in 2016!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Guillaume's generosity prompts me to add that, in fairness, Devialet's US tier-one support is very nice and quickly answers the questions they can, so is probably quite useful for the majority of new users. It is when they must refer a question to France that it falls into a black hole. I'm glad that some at Devialet appreciate this forum. It just seems such a simple matter for Devialet to drastically improve customer relations, but maybe it is harder than I think to represent how this particular delicious sausage is made.
(31-Mar-2016, 02:12)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm very likely going to lose points for this one; There's going be a D200 style set of bathroom scales made for advertising purposes.

Pim's getting so domestic that I'll repeat the Phantom vacuum joke.

[Image: devialet_phantom.jpg]

I'll also note another advantage of my D400: when used as scales I like my weight better with distributed measurement.
(31-Mar-2016, 14:14)deviousalet Wrote:
(31-Mar-2016, 02:12)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm very likely going to lose points for this one; There's going be a D200 style set of bathroom scales made for advertising purposes.

Pim's getting so domestic that I'll repeat the Phantom vacuum joke.

[Image: devialet_phantom.jpg]

I'll also note another advantage of my D400: when used as scales I like my weight better with distributed measurement.
I feel so very sad to tell you this product will not go to market (at least not in the EU).....
http://news.sky.com/story/1322500/vacuum...l-cleaners

Big Grin Tongue
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Hello all

I am a future owner of a Devialet. I am waiting to sell my current gear ...
This forum is really helpful and I would like to thank everyone that posts in here. Humor is great too Smile

I think Devialet will announce some floorstanding loudspeakers incorporating the technology they have from both expert and phantom lines, i.e., something like the meridian dsp.

jbp
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.
I predict...

Drop of support for D-premier.

Also, a vague announcement that ADH will be licensed by several big electronics corporations. No names or details will be given.
• Kuzma Stabi S turntable • Kuzma Stogi S arm • Benz Micro ACE H cartridge • PC with MusicBee / WASAPI source • Oyaide d+ NEO B-Class USB cable • Devialet 200 amplifier • Blue Jeans Ten speaker cable • GoldenEar Triton One •

(31-Mar-2016, 20:49)Bwaze Wrote: I predict...

What support???

I've had a question raised with the Devialet Support team going 7 weeks now and the only 3 replies I've had are along the lines of "We are looking into it and will get back to you soon."

If it wasn't for this forum I would never recommend Devialet to anyone else.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(01-Apr-2016, 02:31)Celts88 Wrote:
(31-Mar-2016, 20:49)Bwaze Wrote: I predict...

What support???

I've had a question raised with the Devialet Support team going 7 weeks now and the only 3 replies I've had are along the lines of "We are looking into it and will get back to you soon."

It's dedication - their engineers just love to 'look into' things Wink They must be exhausted though - they've been studiously 'looking into' a load of my feedback alone for at least six months.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I'll withdraw my previous predictions and replace with DEVIALET HEADPHONES - active and digitally fed

1 It's a big and still growing market

2 Particularly for to 12 - 25 year olds who can then be hooked into Phantom or Mini Phantom

3 It exploits Devialet's existing expertise acquired through Phantom and ADH/SAM

4 They are clearly into miniaturising ADH for phones and cars and TVs (probably on an OEM basis) and this is an example of that within the Devialet brand

5 Whilst branding of headphones has strengthened over the past few years, there have been few technical developments, maybe electrostatic of 4 decades ago and sound cancellation more recently, neither particularly successful - so this will be novel

6 Devialet's tie up with Apple and their less observable links with Tesla give them routes into miniaturised rechargeable battery sourcing

7 A battery powered active headphone might preserve the play time of phones if such phones are just giving digital wireless feeds

8 Presumably Devialet can use SPARK and an attraction could be to use it from your phone for your headphones or for your Phantom

9 It warrants them getting all their Premier dealers together as this will create a novel and major selling opportunity

10 I can't see the announcement in late April being an Expert Mk 2 or 3 as they have just committed £0.5m capital to the OdA (which they would not have otherwise done); nor a big active loudspeaker as there is no volume market; the source market is all over the place and Devialet seem to be in to multiple feed options; but maybe we will also see Dialog working with Phantom and Expert.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England