Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warranty query
Hi All,

I am looking to get a D200 maybe 2nd hand and would like to know what questions to ask to make sure the warranty is in order? Is the 5y warranty standard in the UK or does it need to be registered first?  Is there a chance it may only have 2 y warranty? I believe the warranty can be transferred either online by the current owner, or the new owner can use the original purchase receipt and letter from the old owner but then what does he do with the documents, do they get emailed to Devialet?  Anything you can advise or suggest will be handy. Thanks
(10-Jun-2016, 22:24)repulser Wrote: Hi All,

I am looking to get a D200 maybe 2nd hand and would like to know what questions to ask to make sure the warranty is in order? Is the 5y warranty standard in the UK or does it need to be registered first?  Is there a chance it may only have 2 y warranty? I believe the warranty can be transferred either online by the current owner, or the new owner can use the original purchase receipt and letter from the old owner but then what does he do with the documents, do they get emailed to Devialet?  Anything you can advise or suggest will be handy. Thanks
Hi, and welcome to Devialet Chat!
AFAIK, if the original owner has registered the D, then it is guaranteed for 5 years. If he sells the unit, he then releases the remainder of the guarantee to the new owner, which can be done on the Devialet web site. No need to send any documents.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks Axel, I have been lurking around the forum for a while now and the information is great here, so nice to finaly make a post as sometimes have thoughts i would like to share Smile

I assume even if the warrant isn't registered the devices will still get the 5y warranty anyway?

Also, i have just noticed a traders ad for an exdem D120 for £2700 which seems like a bargain to me, especially as you get the full warranty with an exdem unit, is this a sign that Devialet will be releasing new models soon?
(11-Jun-2016, 11:27)repulser Wrote: Thanks Axel, I have been lurking around the forum for a while now and the information is great here, so nice to finaly make a post as sometimes have thoughts i would like to share Smile

I assume even if the warrant isn't registered the devices will still get the 5y warranty anyway?

Also, i have just noticed a traders ad for an exdem D120 for £2700 which seems like a bargain to me, especially as you get the full warranty with an exdem unit, is this a sign that Devialet will be releasing new models soon?

I don't know if you get a five year guarantee without registration. Why would one not register their new purchase? £2700 for an ex dem. 120 sounds like a good buy, as long as it is in good nick.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England