Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Cables
(28-May-2014, 23:17)GTX Wrote: I like the SAM for the Sophia3 a lot. On some type of music it is excellent (jazz, girl with piano, acoustic guitar). For some other type (Pink Floyd, complex classical) I prefer without (I feel that with SAM I lose on soundstage depth / separation among instruments). What is your experience?
I have the Sophia III speakers also with SAM and D200. I very much like SAM and use it all the time. I did have to adjust my subs to compensate though.
I tried the Transparent powerlink MM2x with my 250 this week and it worked great! gave a much deeper and fuller bass than any other powercord I have tried.
(08-Oct-2014, 05:21)Ekmanc Wrote: I tried the Transparent powerlink MM2x with my 250 this week and it worked great! gave a much deeper and fuller bass than any other powercord I have tried.
Hi,

Could you disclose what other PC's you tried!?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
The Petit Corona just sounded 'right'. A tight focus seemed to be the primary advantage it brought, but also a greater weight and depth to everything. The GC/QGC didn't really work that well with the Devialet to my ears. Perhaps they're more suitable for powerful Class A or AB amps?

(07-Oct-2014, 09:54)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi Rufus and thanks for the input!

Well i do not use the covers either so the round version will not be a problem.

Could you please elaborate a bit what you found better with the Petit vs GC and QGC!

/Mike
(08-Oct-2014, 10:08)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The Petit Corona just sounded 'right'. A tight focus seemed to be the primary advantage it brought, but also a greater weight and depth to everything. The GC/QGC didn't really work that well with the Devialet to my ears. Perhaps they're more suitable for powerful Class A or AB amps?

Could you please elaborate a bit what you found better with the Petit vs GC and QGC!

/Mike
Thanks Rufus!

I will have a talk to Mark about a 3ft pair for the 400. Tight is key to me as an old Naim'ist.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(08-Oct-2014, 08:55)Mikeeo Wrote:
(08-Oct-2014, 05:21)Ekmanc Wrote: I tried the Transparent powerlink MM2x with my 250 this week and it worked great! gave a much deeper and fuller bass than any other powercord I have tried.
Hi,

/Mike

I've tried the Transparent Reference powerlink and normally I use the Nordost Valhalla. Powerlink MM2x was clearly the best fit for my D250.
Hi all,

I'm just demoing the Graditech Voima 1 (http://www.graditech.fi/voima-1/) which was specifically designed to work with Devialet (both mechanically and sonically). Currently within a few days of plugging it in but the sound is fuller and richer already (was using a MCRU number 27 with Synergistic Research Red Fuse).

There's a review of it here too: http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/05/gra...eview.html

Discovered Graditech through a tweet actually and emailed Sauli (the Graditech MD) who was super super nice and friendly and even payed half towards the FedEX shipping from Finland!

I urge people who are looking for power cable options to check them out!

Stuart.
(13-Oct-2014, 23:23)Ekmanc Wrote:
(08-Oct-2014, 08:55)Mikeeo Wrote:
Hi,

/Mike

I've tried the Transparent Reference powerlink and normally I use the Nordost Valhalla. Powerlink MM2x was clearly the best fit for my D250.

If I may ask, can you describe the difference between them?
Stereo: Sonus Faber Amati Futura - Graphite -> Yter Loudspeaker Cable -> Devialet D250 - Chrome -> LessLoss DFPC Orginal Powercord
Source: Mac Mini -> Devialet Air Ethernet
Control: iPad Air / iPhone 5S -> Apple Remote
(08-Oct-2014, 10:13)Mikeeo Wrote:
(08-Oct-2014, 10:08)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The Petit Corona just sounded 'right'. A tight focus seemed to be the primary advantage it brought, but also a greater weight and depth to everything. The GC/QGC didn't really work that well with the Devialet to my ears. Perhaps they're more suitable for powerful Class A or AB amps?

/Mike
Thanks Rufus!

I will have a talk to Mark about a 3ft pair for the 400. Tight is key to me as an old Naim'ist.

/Mike

2 Petite Coronas manufactured in my name which will land next week at my doorstep. 3ft long hooked up to Oyaide 004 (IEC) and 004e (Schuko).
Will report back asap and in comparison to JPS Kaptovator.

/Mike
Does the Oyaide 004 fit under the back cover?