Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 7.1.3 vs 8.1.3 vs 10.0.2
My good friend Christaan Punter updated the section in his extensive D120/200 review where he compares the various firmware versions.
Please note that at your system or to your ears things might sound complete different. Needless to say: 7.1.3 will stay on my D200 for now!

Devialet Firmware [@ hifi-advice.com]

[edit: link updated]
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
What source(s) did you guys use for the tests and what inputs on the Devialet? Any DSP stuff enabled like SAM, crossover, balance/tone controls?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
It's his review so I'll guide you to the comment section at the bottom of the review. He'll be happy to answer any questions.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Hi cylob, never tried version 7, any link? Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-Sep-2016, 20:49)Antoine Wrote: What source(s) did you guys use for the tests and what inputs on the Devialet? Any DSP stuff enabled like SAM, crossover, balance/tone controls?

Christiaan updated the review with most of the info you've asked for!  Wink
(12-Sep-2016, 13:38)samsoum Wrote: Hi cylob, never tried version 7, any link? Thks

Hi Samsoum! Rusfus posted links to all firmware versions released over here:
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3382
(12-Sep-2016, 13:44)Cylob Wrote:
(12-Sep-2016, 13:38)samsoum Wrote: Hi cylob, never tried version 7, any link? Thks

Hi Samsoum! Rusfus posted links to all firmware versions released over here:
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3382

Hi, After reading this I thought I would give firmware 7.1.3 a go. It's only been a couple of hours but I can only agree with the reviewers conclusions. It does sound more fluid and in my view more communicative.  I think bass is a bit better with later firmware versions though. In saying that I still think I'll stick to with firmware 7.1.3, it's that good! Definitely worth a try.

Nick
Hi Everybody,

(first post, but been busy reading various old posts... Thanks for all the info!)
I only own my devialet for about a year or so, and already went through three different versions of the firmware - always going up the scale so to speak.
This is the first time I went "down". Thank you to member Rusfus for being so kind in making all the old versions available!

Since I mostly listen to records, I kinda was surprised at first to find that firmware 7 doesn't have the RAM-feature (haven't checked SAM yet, but that feature didn't seem to make that much of a difference with my speakers anyway).
Never mind, I started listening and sure loved what I heard. In fact, I had a hard time quitting and turning off the amp.
I agree, it sounds pretty engaging and smooth. Didn't feel like I was lacking anything from what I was used to hearing. On the contrary, playback had great staging, intense detail and coherence. Very musical and laidback too. Makes you really want to sit back and listen for hours on end.

I'd have to go back and forth a bit to see if the switch really does make any kind of difference, but so far, I like what I hear!
I was under the impression that the amp seemed to run a bit hotter?
Geez, these Devialets are lots of fun.
Thanks for having me on this forum!
Devialet 120 - Wilson Sophia - Technics SL-1000 - Rega Apollo - Chromecast
Totally agree with the review. Very useful.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Hello All,

I've had a D400 for about the last 18 months and have used several of the firmware updates in that timeframe. However, I've never tried to go back and use an earlier version. I would like to give 7.1.3 a try though. If I do that, do I just use the currently available online Configurator, or is an earlier Configurator required too?

Thanks for your help here.

Bob