Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phonostage in the Pro models?
I have an Ortofon Cadenza Black, this has a nominal output at the low end of the scale, 330uV. So this fits perfectly with what Axel is saying above. Some points to note, in normal listening I am in no way aware of or bothered by the hiss. OK, it must still be there, and it would be better if it was not, but I have tried some external phono stages and to my ears they sounded worse. In other words, this is not a major issue.

As for grounding, yes, my TT is grounded as it should be, however, I can get this hiss with the TT completely disconnected, that is with nothing whatsoever connected to the phono input. So you have three options, use a low output MC and just don't worry about it, use a higher output cartridge, or use a step up transformer.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I use 5mv , high ,and 200pf. Vith ortofon cadenza Black via a transformer ortofon name verto ,and little little hiss nothing you Can hear expect you put your Ear close to the speaker ,
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
I have Dynavector DV 20X2L, 0,3mV. No hiss at all. Totally silent.
there is no new PHONO CARD in D PRO as I asked it to devialet team
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(06-Nov-2016, 19:17)jfp Wrote: there is no new PHONO CARD in D PRO as I asked it to devialet team

Correct - I have also just had this confirmed by Devialet themselves. The phono cards are identical.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I suppose if they've upgraded the power supply, this could well give an improvement on the existing phono? I've never used the phono and doubt I ever will, but it's good to hear things recimproving anyway.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(06-Nov-2016, 19:02)Waiski Wrote: I have Dynavector DV 20X2L, 0,3mV. No hiss at all. Totally silent.

Just to be clear here, are you using a step up transformer?  If not, are you saying that you could turn the amp up to 0 dB  (or even say +10 dB?) with the phono input selected and without a record playing and hear no hiss?  (I would not recommend this with a record playing!)

I am interested as there appears to be many conflicting reports on this subject, so it is important we are looking at this in a like for like way.  Facts are good! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi. No step up. Can turn to 0 and no hiss. If record is in good condition there is no problem even when playing the record. And my speakers are 95dbw. With old D250 there is quite bad hiss.
(07-Nov-2016, 15:16)Waiski Wrote: Hi. No step up. Can turn to 0 and no hiss. If record is in good condition there is no problem even when playing the record. And my speakers are 95dbw. With old D250 there is quite bad hiss.

Do you use a 250 Pro?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

All very curious! I did check my D800 once with a iPhone app sound pressure level meter. With the Devialet at +2dB, the hiss + background noise just about hit 50 dBA. I tried this again yesterday with the 1000 Pro, this hit the 50dBA mark with the amp on about +1 to 0dB. Mindful that the 1000 Pro is more powerful, this looks more or less an identical result to me. OK, not a truly scientific test, as the ambient noise level is not that far below 50 dBA, but based on a sample of one amp, I would say the Pro is no different.

Obviously this conflicts with what Waiski has just posted. Maybe there is some variation between the phono stages? Maybe there is some other variable, mains conditioning, mains quality or something? Not sure how this would relate to a hiss rather than a 'buzz' though.

Curious!