Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major announcement!
I got my insurance company's approval in writing, by email, before having my Schuko sockets fitted.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England
(09-Nov-2016, 07:30)Tremayne Wrote: I got my insurance companies approval in writing, by email, before having my Schuko sockets fitted.

Good work!  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(31-Oct-2016, 15:04)GuillaumeB Wrote: Dear all,

I've got some big news, well for me at least, and I thought it important that I share this with the rest of the forum for reasons which will become very clear in a few seconds....  Big Grin

I have just become the official distributor for Shunyata Research in the UK! Some of you may recall that a few months ago I got my hands on a number of their products and was literally blown away by their performance. I initially approached another distributor I know well about taking them on but he wasn't able to for a number of reasons. It just seemed crazy to me that there wasn't a UK distributor. To cut a very long story short I decided to take a huge leap into the unknown and give it a go myself! After months of discussions and now just back from a trip to Seattle I am now proud to announce that I have formed a new company: The Shunyata Distribution Company which will soon start trading pending VAT registration and one or two other formalities. I know, I'm crazy, but sometimes these opportunities come up in life and you just have to go for it. It's always been my dream to work in hi-fi.

Before anyone freaks out I have no intention of using the forum to blatantly promote Shunyata. Whilst dealers and manufacturers are welcome on the forum we have always taken quite a hard line against blatant product advertising and this is not about to change! No way!

Having said that I do not intend to leave the forum; I am still a Devialet owner and this place very much feels like home. It's amazing to think that it was almost 2.5 years ago when I started PM'ing members of Hifi Wigwam with an idea of creating a dedicated Devialet forum. We now have over 2600 members and are one of the busiest hi-fi forums on the internet averaging just under 60 posts a day! Anyway I digress... the point is Devialet Chat means a lot to me and I am not about to compromise my integrity because of my arrangement with Shunyata.

So if everyone is OK with this I propose that nothing changes. I'll keep my business activities low-key and won't discuss products unless anyone specifically asks about them. I will update my signature shortly and restrict any discussion about Shunyata to the Shunyata thread. Smile In short I promise to abide by the very forum rules I helped to install.  

Guillaume

Can you give us some insight with the use of Shunyata products with Devialet amps? I have the Expert 1000....thanks M
Devialet Expert Pro 1000, Mac Mini, Pure Music, Berkeley Alpha USB to Berkeley Ref DAC,  Aurender n100h, Squeezebox Touch Level Two, Magnepalnar 20.7's,  Chord Signature speaker cables, Synergistic Telsa Digital and USB cables
(12-Nov-2016, 14:58)Murforce Wrote: Can you give us some insight with the use of Shunyata products with Devialet amps?  I have the Expert 1000....thanks   M

Hi Murforce - a couple of points here:

1) I don't have any experience of the PRO series with Shunyata, I can't imagine it will be much different from the previous generation but I'd rather not make any recommendations until I have tried stuff out for myself. It's probably worth asking the question on the Shunyata Research thread (in Tweaker's Corner), I see some recent PRO owners are also Shunyata owners.

2) There is a complete relaunch of most of the Shunyata range taking place in a few weeks, with lots of new products coming. I have a couple of prototypes here but more than likely the finished products will be different. Based on what I've seen so far I think I can say with some confidence that some of these new products are going to seriously raise the bar in terms of value and performance. 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Nov-2016, 12:19)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(12-Nov-2016, 14:58)Murforce Wrote: Can you give us some insight with the use of Shunyata products with Devialet amps?  I have the Expert 1000....thanks   M

1) I don't have any experience of the PRO series with Shunyata, I can't imagine it will be much different from the previous generation but I'd rather not make any recommendations until I have tried stuff out for myself. It's probably worth asking the question on the Shunyata Research thread (in Tweaker's Corner), I see some recent PRO owners are also Shunyata owners.

2) There is a complete relaunch of most of the Shunyata range taking place in a few weeks, with lots of new products coming. I have a couple of prototypes here but more than likely the finished products will be different. Based on what I've seen so far I think I can say with some confidence that some of these new products are going to seriously raise the bar in terms of value and performance. 

Guillaume

Would love to hear if Shunyata plans to keep the Z-PC10 power cord in their new line up. I just bought a second D200 to go double mono, but by doing ao depleted funds for a second Z-PC10 for now.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(14-Nov-2016, 15:24)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(14-Nov-2016, 12:19)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Would love to hear if Shunyata plans to keep the Z-PC10 power cord in their new line up. I just bought a second D200 to go double mono, but by doing ao depleted funds for a second Z-PC10 for now.

The Z-PC10 is being replaced by a new product, it will be even more flexible with thicker gauge and better quality conductors (!) and will feature a brand new IEC design, I've not seen this in the flesh just CAD drawings. This new IEC is very slim yet will be able to take thicker conductors, it's basically a much better connector. Compared to the Alphas and Sigmas the IEC on the Z-PC10 was always a bit of a compromise, it will no longer be!

Anyway I will probably get into trouble for saying this! I should have more news in early December.

Guillaume

UK
(14-Nov-2016, 15:38)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Nov-2016, 15:24)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(14-Nov-2016, 12:19)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Murforce - a couple of points here:

Guillaume

The Z-PC10 is being replaced by a new product, it will be even more flexible with thicker gauge and better quality conductors (!) and will feature a brand new IEC design, I've not seen this in the flesh just CAD drawings. This new IEC is very slim yet will be able to take thicker conductors, it's basically a much better connector. Compared to the Alphas and Sigmas the IEC on the Z-PC10 was always a bit of a compromise, it will no longer be!

Anyway I will probably get into trouble for saying this! I should have more news in early December.

Guillaume

LOL. Thanks. Budget demands me to wait for any new punchases anyway.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Woohoo! Just got my first order for a Venom AES/EBU cable! Nothing major but we all have to start somewhere!  Big Grin

Guillaume

UK