Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLNA upgrade to D200
When Devialet comes out with the new DLNA board for the 220pro would it be backwards compatible with the D200? Or are dealers going to only offer the upgrade to 220 pro owners? Does anyone have any clues?
The streamer board will only work on the PRO series and ODA's
Would this be because of the new Devialet OS or is this a hardware issue. I am pretty sure that the current ODA's have the same wifi streaming board as the D200.
(29-Dec-2016, 17:54)Devialetuser Wrote: Would this be because of the new Devialet OS or is this a hardware issue. I am pretty sure that the current ODA's have the same wifi streaming board as the D200.

My understanding is that the non pro or OdA don't have the necessary hardware to accept the board running the Dev OS.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
If I understand you correctly, it should not be an issue to upgrade the D200 with the new DLNA wifi card. But I doubt the upgrade would be made available to the D200 owners.
(29-Dec-2016, 19:14)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(29-Dec-2016, 17:54)Devialetuser Wrote: Would this be because of the new Devialet OS or is this a hardware issue. I am pretty sure that the current ODA's have the same wifi streaming board as the D200.

My understanding is that the non pro or OdA don't have the necessary hardware to accept the board running the Dev OS.

Jean-Marie

But this is possibly untrue since it will be attaching to exactly the same connector. I suppose they could have activated additional pins or increased power or something.

There's probably got to be some unique features on the Pros to make people upgrade - that's my bet about the real reason.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Dec-2016, 19:34)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Jean-Marie

But this is possibly untrue since it will be attaching to exactly the same connector. I suppose they could have activated additional pins or increased power or something.

There's probably got to be some unique features on the Pros to make people upgrade - that's my bet about the real reason.

Maybe the streamer board is not only meant to be for streaming...perhaps they have developed the long awaited digital room correction (to alpha state  Angel ). If they put some powerfull CPU on the streamer board it might serve multiple purposes for them they could not achieve with the Expert-Line. They will need more power for this to function, hence the new motherboard and power unit of the PROs.

BUT even if they do a decent job on this they can not come out with better sound quality as before because they are adding just another electronic device with all its power consumption and switches and EMF etc. It has to be equal or worse...there is no technical way it will be sounding better.

For people like me who are hearing the flaws in sound with SAM on and Filters on and other features the configurator has in store for us the new streamer board will most likely be of no value. No sorrow for not getting it.

My hope though is that we will be able to upgrade the next years to a PRO w/o being forced to buy the streamer board. Then I would appreciate an upgrade to PRO for the next year only because of SQ (and modding the darn thing  Big Grin ).

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(29-Dec-2016, 19:34)Oui Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Jean-Marie

As I'm not in the secrets of Devialet's development, I don't have any strong evidence in either direction. You may very well be right. I had however made the assumption, maybe wrong and hasty, that a board holding an entire CPU+RAM+other things basically a small computer, was too different from a simple WiFi board to make it unlikely that the physical interface would be the same, but I'm happy to be proven wrong by Devialet. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(30-Dec-2016, 12:20)yabaVR Wrote:
(29-Dec-2016, 19:34)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(29-Dec-2016, 19:14)Jean-Marie Wrote: My understanding is that the non pro or OdA don't have the necessary hardware to accept the board running the Dev OS.

Jean-Marie

Maybe the streamer board is not only meant to be for streaming...perhaps they have developed the long awaited digital room correction (to alpha state  Angel ). If they put some powerfull CPU on the streamer board it might serve multiple purposes for them they could not achieve with the Expert-Line. They will need more power for this to function, hence the new motherboard and power unit of the PROs.

BUT even if they do a decent job on this they can not come out with better sound quality as before because they are adding just another electronic device with all its power consumption and switches and EMF etc. It has to be equal or worse...there is no technical way it will be sounding better.

For people like me who are hearing the flaws in sound with SAM on and Filters on and other features the configurator has in store for us the new streamer board will most likely be of no value. No sorrow for not getting it.

My hope though is that we will be able to upgrade the next years to a PRO w/o being forced to buy the streamer board. Then I would appreciate an upgrade to PRO for the next year only because of SQ (and modding the darn thing  Big Grin ).

gui

Hello, at the HighEnd 2016 in Munich I have a talks between a dealer and Devialet folks. In the conversation was always talked about, the Devialet does not have to be opened to retrofit the card !! So, conclusion it is an external solution??
Happy New Year
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(31-Dec-2016, 10:49)K4680 Wrote:
(30-Dec-2016, 12:20)yabaVR Wrote:
(29-Dec-2016, 19:34)Hifi_swlon Wrote: But this is possibly untrue since it will be attaching to exactly the same connector. I suppose they could have activated additional pins or increased power or something.

gui

Hello, at the HighEnd 2016 in Munich I have a talks between a dealer and Devialet folks. In the conversation was always talked about, the Devialet does not have to be opened to retrofit the card !! So, conclusion it is an external solution??
Happy New Year

Perhaps it's so small it fits into the SD card socket? Big Grin

Or most likely, at Munich 2016 Devialet had even less of a clue what it would actually be? After all, electronics aren't things you plan and design in advance - if you announce them, they will come.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<