Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best power cord for Devialet
New Transparent Audio XL Power Cords is IMHO best power cord for Devialet 200. It is a huge step ahead comparing to older Transparent Audio power cords. SQ offered by this new XL is just amazing. Reference in (its price category up to 3000 USD) bass, sound stage and mids. You can hear so many details and You can listen any music without fatigue. Great musicality and so nice, natural sound.

Transparent Audio produced a great power cord for Devialet users. Before I was pleased by SQ of Their great digital cable - Reference XL and natural sounding Premium USB. Now I know that Their Generation 5 series is truly amazing.

Please try this power cord. Natural sounding music is worth it:-)

Happy New Year dear Devialet's users.

Chris

http://www.transparentcable.com/products...5&modCAT=1 

[Image: xlpc_web_1.jpg&size=450]

[Image: xlpc_web_2.jpg]

[Image: xlpc_web_5.jpg]
At $3,000 for a length of mains cable with a plug at each end, 'worth it' is obviously a very relative term Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(31-Dec-2016, 14:06)Hifi_swlon Wrote: At $3,000 for a length of mains cable with a plug at each end, 'worth it' is obviously a very relative term Smile

You forgot the "box of magic tricks" in the middle - ahh now it's value for money
(31-Dec-2016, 14:34)colonel66 Wrote:
(31-Dec-2016, 14:06)Hifi_swlon Wrote: At $3,000 for a length of mains cable with a plug at each end, 'worth it' is obviously a very relative term Smile

You forgot the "box of magic tricks" in the middle - ahh now it's value for money

Oh yeah, apologies.

From everything I've seen on the web (photos and X-rays) the most likely components in the 'magic boxes' are an individual (or a combination of) coil, capacitor and resistor. But I imagine they're really expensive ones Tongue

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

In reality this cable costs less than 3000 USD. In my Country around 2300 USD. And after listening and comparing with other solutions I would prefer to buy this cable than pay 3500 Euro for upgrade to 220 or buy another s/h Devialet 200. Quality of mid and high tones is just amazing. Soundstage with many layers and great depth. 

To hear best of Your Devialet anybody should try high quality isolation feet and best power cords.
I belive more in my listenings tests and my own ears then in any photos and X-rays;-)
What power cords have you listened to on your Devialet in comparison?
That 'magic box' might just have a few cheap components in it. See here:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-m...the-cable/

But that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I'm sure if you were to add the retail cost of all Devialet components they wouldn't add up to 10 grand either.

I would be more inclined to try a cable like this that 'actively' does something than just some wire with two plugs. That would be after trying a good power conditioner though.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(31-Dec-2016, 23:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote: That 'magic box' might just have a few cheap components in it. See here:

I'm sure if you were to add the retail cost of all Devialet components they wouldn't add up to 10 grand either.

I would be more inclined to try a cable like this that 'actively' does something than just some wire with two plugs. That would be after trying a good power conditioner though.

These are instructions for speaker cable. Are there instructions for power cables anywhere?

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Jan-2017, 04:29)Axel Wrote:
(31-Dec-2016, 23:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote: That 'magic box' might just have a few cheap components in it. See here:

These are instructions for speaker cable. Are there instructions for power cables anywhere?

Alex.

Sorry mate. I just pointed to this as an example. I should have made that clear.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.