Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal Master Audio has gone Live
http://tidal.com

Now I have to renew my subscription again.

Roon 1.3 will be getting support or something according to Danny.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-ti...4?u=drtone
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Just playing some master audio through the tidal app, it's being decoded and played back as 24/96 pcm on my Moon headphone DAC at work.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Seems to be only 192 albums initially.

(05-Jan-2017, 16:34)Dr Tone Wrote: Just playing some master audio through the tidal app, it's being decoded and played back as 24/96 pcm on my Moon headphone DAC at work.

Unfortunately I don't have Roon yet and no Tidal but what I like to know is can you do a comparison between a Tidal stream and the same file from your local drive? What are the differences in SQ for you? There have to be some as we can hear diffs with ethernet cables.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(05-Jan-2017, 16:48)yabaVR Wrote:
(05-Jan-2017, 16:34)Dr Tone Wrote: Just playing some master audio through the tidal app, it's being decoded and played back as 24/96 pcm on my Moon headphone DAC at work.

Unfortunately I don't have Roon yet and no Tidal but what I like to know is can you do a comparison between a Tidal stream and the same file from your local drive? What are the differences in SQ for you? There have to be some as we can hear diffs with ethernet cables.

gui

First issue is making sure they are both sourced from the same master.

As soon as Roon supports decoding, it will be an easy comparison, just play back different versions.

As soon as I get home I will try the Master files with Tidal desktop and AIR3.
If you add a master album with MQA in Tidal to your favorit I wonder what Roon will do with that? Will it show, something to try later tonight.
I asume some of the things that Roon is roling out with 1.3 is support for this in Tidal.....
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(05-Jan-2017, 17:18)octaviars Wrote: As soon as I get home I will try the Master files with Tidal desktop and AIR3.
If you add a master album with MQA in Tidal to your favorit I wonder what Roon will do with that? Will it show, something to try later tonight.
I asume some of the things that Roon is roling out with 1.3 is support for this in Tidal.....

Danny on the roon forum just confirmed no software decoding.  So, unless Devialet implements decoding, no MQA for us Roon users.

Roon will currently bitstream MQA to a MQA compatible DAC or endpoint. The Tidal app is the only solution for Devialet owners.

Roon says Flac 48kHz 24bit 2ch when streaming the master albums from Roon with Air (eth) to the Devialet.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(05-Jan-2017, 17:32)KraaijCheck Wrote: Roon says Flac 48kHz 24bit 2ch when streaming the master albums from Roon with Air (eth) to the Devialet.

They playback, so the question is do they sound better even if the Devialet isn't able to decode all the MQA goodness? Whatever the MQA goodness is.

My first conclusion is: yes it sounds better. But didn't do a straight comparison.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands