Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Update failed, try again" Please help!
Hi,

My 2 Phantom Gold won't download the newest update (1.10.0.142). It instantly says "download failed, try again", but the same thing happens over and over when I retry. 

1) I have tried resetting the Dialog and both the Phantoms. 
2) I have tried 3 different routers. 
3) I have tried updating one Phantom at the time, with and without the Dialog connected. 
4) I have tried Phantoms connected using ethernet cables to the router. 
5) I have tried using Spark on both iPhone and Mac, and even deleted Spark and reinstalled it. 
Still same error! Huh

I can play music on one Phantom at the time using bluetooth, if I go through the WiFI setup not using the Dialog, and then skip the option to download the update. But I can't play music on both Phantoms simultaneously since I can't skip the update in the normal setup using Dialog.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
I had the same message - I just kept clicking retry and after a dozen times it kicked in and downloaded. I think the servers are probably swamped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-Jan-2017, 23:49)davidadamson Wrote: I had the same message - I just kept clicking retry and after a dozen times it kicked in and downloaded. I think the servers are probably swamped?

It worked! After a couple hundred retries it started downloading. Thank alot! Big Grin
(12-Jan-2017, 00:36)thomasbjerke Wrote:
(11-Jan-2017, 23:49)davidadamson Wrote: I had the same message - I just kept clicking retry and after a dozen times it kicked in and downloaded. I think the servers are probably swamped?

It worked! After a couple hundred retries it started downloading. Thank alot! Big Grin

Oh, is that the trick, then? For crying out loud! Is this company for real?
It works now ! Smile
had the same yesterday, will try again tonight...
I had the same response several times yesterday evening.  Switched everything off and went to bed.

Switched on at lunchtime today and the download and installment worked fine.

As mentioned above, the downloading website may have been swamped, just like a Denial Of Service attack.  There are a lot more Phantom owners now.

Patience my friends.  There is no need to reinstall, etc.  I think these days are over for almost everyone's set-up.
Swamped? they are not sonos, there are not many phantoms around. I'd be surprised in 20 people tried to connect at 23.00 when I tried
(12-Jan-2017, 15:48)JimmyJ Wrote: Swamped?  they are not sonos, there are not many phantoms around. I'd be surprised in 20 people tried to connect at 23.00 when I tried

I agree. Knowing Devialet, they probably had some low end Mac Mini or something serving the update, and once the number of clients exceeded 5, the system went belly up.