Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
(10-Apr-2017, 00:23)Ŷsamsoum Wrote: Hi dear fellas,
I received one week ago my so long awaited sabrinas.
After spending 3 months without speakers( the venere 2.5 were sold to add funds to the sab 's purchase).
What can i say? I a m a bit frustrated cause i m not "really" hearing , or feeling what i heard in the listening room of my dealer.
Actually 3 main factors are frustrating me actually!
The first one is : did i suspected so much from sabrina that now i m kind of deceived!
The second one: the fact i stayed 3 months without any system affected my judgement and appreciation.
The third one: did my room acoustics is affecting more the sab s ?
Could t be the combination of these 3 factors!
Ok , let me be clear: the sabrina are sounding very good in my room now!But i only bought them because they sounded so amazingly wonderfull!Extremely transparent , highs very extended without harsh, mids lovely( voices are amazing), and.... and ... the icing on the cake is the base SO ,i expected the same in my livingroom!!
The base is enveloping, controlled, deep, precise.....
When i first listened to them in my livingroom i thouht they were amazing , then ,hours and hours after i m still searching for that extra special emotion!
By the way ,i m still searching and experimenting speaker placement .
I think one time ,during one of my session i was laughing,such they sounded alive and dynamic , but happened only one time
With my venere2.5 i was listening confortably at -20db , now i feel i need -16db for sabrina to come alive and really sing.
To conclude, the only think now that is annoying me the most is the bass: i tried sam 100%, sam off ,20%,50% so far 100% is on. It is there but , i know it should be better extended, and deeper, lower..
I m just writing this to share my experience so far with sabrina, and relieve my conscience from thousands questions.
My dealer said to pass by next week for speaker placement help, so let s see.
Honestly , i m suspecting my room acoustics affecting the sound , specially the side wall waves!!!
THKS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After 1 week, I don't think these speakers will be performing at their best, because they aren't properly burnt in yet. The drivers will take more time to loosen up and I'm sure you'll find the best placement for them by experimentation. 
Personally, there is no way that I'd part with that sort of money without living with a well used pair of speakers in my room for at least a week.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(10-Apr-2017, 00:23)Ŷsamsoum Wrote: Hi dear fellas,
I received one week ago my so long awaited sabrinas.
After spending 3 months without speakers( the venere 2.5 were sold to add funds to the sab 's purchase).
What can i say? I a m a bit frustrated cause i m not "really" hearing , or feeling what i heard in the listening room of my dealer.
Actually 3 main factors are frustrating me actually!
The first one is : did i suspected so much from sabrina that now i m kind of deceived!
The second one: the fact i stayed 3 months without any system affected my judgement and appreciation.
The third one: did my room acoustics is affecting more the sab s ?
Could t be the combination of these 3 factors!
Ok , let me be clear: the sabrina are sounding very good in my room now!But i only bought them because they sounded so amazingly wonderfull!Extremely transparent , highs very extended without harsh, mids lovely( voices are amazing), and.... and ... the icing on the cake is the base SO ,i expected the same in my livingroom!!
The base is enveloping, controlled, deep, precise.....
When i first listened to them in my livingroom i thouht they were amazing , then ,hours and hours after i m still searching for that extra special emotion!
By the way ,i m still searching and experimenting speaker placement .
I think one time ,during one of my session i was laughing,such they sounded alive and dynamic , but happened only one time
With my venere2.5 i was listening confortably at -20db , now i feel i need -16db for sabrina to come alive and really sing.
To conclude, the only think now that is annoying me the most is the bass: i tried sam 100%, sam off ,20%,50% so far 100% is on. It is there but , i know it should be better extended, and deeper, lower..
I m just writing this to share my experience so far with sabrina, and relieve my conscience from thousands questions.
My dealer said to pass by next week for speaker placement help, so let s see.
Honestly , i m suspecting my room acoustics affecting the sound , specially the side wall waves!!!
THKS

I think getting your dealer involved is a good idea. If you have an acoustics problem, he/she should be able to assist you in identifying it.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
@Axel: wilson audio burn in period is 90%done in the first 24 hours according to their documentation, plus the pair i bought was the demo one ( i bought it for a good price).
@baconbrain: yes that s my next step , dealer assesment, by that time speaker placement is my new game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definately do SAM off. Placement will help allot, but from your photos it seems you are sitting quite a bit further from the speakers than the distance they are apart from each other. I would play around with how far you sit from the speakers and toe-in as you do such. You might be sitting in your rooms bass null spot.

Wilsons like to be close to a unilateral triangle with quite a bit of toe-in.

Jeff
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Hi jeff,
I m just having a session on my livingroom with some placements.
My room dimensions are 8,03m*3,60m and the height is 3m.
My sabs are 2,65 m a part(from tweeters), 47 cm from sidewall, 91cm from rear wall.
My seating position is 3 m from the tweeters . Both sabs are toed in to my face when seated.sound is improving..... bass also.
Sam is off now.
I noticed today, that, to be able to feel the live perf sound i need to go up the volume -0db!!!! The speakers then disappears.
-10db volume is a minimum for me now, forget about the old -20db.
I think my livingroom volume is playing on this and this might lead to add a companion, anyway not in 2017!

You and your dealer will play with the distance to your back wall to get your bass tuned for your room. Make sure your center unit and TV is as far back as they can go it will help the center image.

After that hopefully you can maybe treat your first reflection points.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Hey Samsoum,

give it a try and pull off the frontcovers of the Sabrinas. We did that to a pair of Sophia III while in a tuning session and it improved every sound characteristic (bass, highs, stage, etc.) by a large margin.

One more...is that a Power LAN Adapter behind the TV in the socket? I know these adapters are so comfortable but they suck when it comes to SQ. These Power LANs mess up your whole power line and especially Devialets don't like this kind of messy power quality for perfect SQ. Try and test the SQ difference with a cheap LAN cable to your router to verify my thesis (don't forget to pull the Power LAN off both sender/receiver).

One more thought because the Sabrinas were demo as you wrote. Are these exactly the Sabrinas you heard in the shop? If not they might need some extra hours (minimum >300h from new) though. Most demo speakers are not completely burned in as a demo in a shop (unless it is a 3 years demo speaker). But ignore if you heard exactly these Sabrinas in the shop.

And at last...my experience is that every part of the signal chain has to adapt to a new component. It's a fluent process for speaker cables, Devialet, power cabels and can take up to 3 weeks for the whole system...so take your time and let it run 24/7 if it's possible.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Hi yaba,
Those are not lan power adapter but just power adapters.( pics joined).
Most of my serious listening is without the grills.
Now i m on Air 3.0.4 mac and devialet wired .(all ethernet cables very ship ones)
Linksys switch , tv and receiver are linked to that power adapter and devialet is linked via burmester entry level power cord directly to wall socket.
Sound is very very good now, few speakers placement made sound more open and bass more tight now and controlled!
Giving myself more time to get used to the sound,i think cleaning the network hardware( some isolation tweaks like intona, better cables like supra cat 8..) will give my system some benefit.
A power conditionner like audioquest niagra 1000 will add some punch as well.. but step by step... i m much happier now!

[Image: 08ec213ffa132b1bdbc737afab35cabd.jpg][Image: 2701326ca59039196bf48acb5924e8dc.jpg]

After a few recent tweaks and alterations, I can join this thread; yes, I am 'amazed'. That may not be the most relevant adjective, but I am happier than I have ever been with the sound I get from my audio system.

I purchased a Wyred4Sound modified Sonos Connect and it is a revelation. A huge improvement over the stock Sonos Connect in terms of ease, grace, and a more natural sound. Then I added Nordost Purple Flare power cords to the Connect and the Sonos Amp that drive the kitchen in-wall speakers. Again, a very nice improvement from the power cords, mostly in the leading edge of notes- sort of a PRaT thing. Then I settled on a Nordost Blue Heaven coax cable (after trying Kimber and others). I'm not a Nordost fan necessarily but this seemed the best fit in my system (and it was seriously on sale). I would never have believed a silly coax cable would make a difference, but yes, it did.

Result; the best sound I've had from my system. Lively, dynamic, tonally-rich and secuctive. More equipment shopping? Nope, not for a while. I'm staying right here with my pizza-box, funky cables and lovely Lawrence Audio speakers.

So, regarding the thread topic: unqualified yes.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Very nice damon! I think also cables make Nice improvement ! I will never invest more than 1000 $ though on any cable wherever it is! May be on power conditionner, there are so f..... Expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk