Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQVox AQ-SWITCH-8
I think you can sometimes learn more about a company when things are not going so well, rather than when they are going fully to plan.

Anyway, I sent the Aqvox switch back last week and yesterday I received a full refund, which included the original cost of postage from Germany to the UK. OK, I had to pay the postage for return, but all things considered I think this is excellent service.

So if anyone else is considering the Aqvox switch and is not sure due to my rather negative posts versus some other very positive posts, I can at least confirm that the refund policy is fair, so nothing to worry about in that regard.

So I am now wondering about the JCat alternaive, which at Euro 195 is a lot cheaper than the Aqvox, until you consider that they advise that you use it with a high quality LPSU, which makes it much more expensive that the Aqvox. The trouble is, I can find very little information on the JCat at the moment, so I think I'll sit back and wait for a while.

http://jplay.eu/jcat/#manual12
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-May-2017, 12:30)Confused Wrote: I think you can sometimes learn more about a company when things are not going so well, rather than when they are going fully to plan.

Anyway, I sent the Aqvox switch back last week and yesterday I received a full refund, which included the original cost of postage from Germany to the UK.  OK, I had to pay the postage for return, but all things considered I think this is excellent service.

So if anyone else is considering the Aqvox switch and is not sure due to my rather negative posts versus some other very positive posts, I can at least confirm that the refund policy is fair, so nothing to worry about in that regard.

That's good to hear. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hello, have some time ago a page in the net with the comprehensive information around computer audio, software, hardware etc. found. Maybe someone already knows the site, for those who do not know.  Rolleyes Big Grin
http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/index.html
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(25-Aug-2017, 09:25)Robert Wrote: Thanks K4680.

I am currently testing power supplies for the AQVOX and getting some big improvements. I will post up the results.

Very interested in this.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi, in the near future there is a new version of the Aqvox LAN Switch. An "SE" version Rolleyes
https://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item...j45-kappen
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
So the link relates to AQVOX's new detoxer. I understand the better version of the switch will retail for between 600/800 €. It will sell in parallel to the existing switch.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent-715669

I should add that I also find that in on port one and out on port eight sounds best. Also my suggestion is to take a grounding wire from the back of the AQVOX switch and attach it a suitable earthing point. Experiment with different grounding points or attach to a grounding box if you have one.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
(12-Sep-2017, 17:03)Robert Wrote: So the link relates to AQVOX's new detoxer. I understand the better version of the switch will retail for between 600/800 €. It will sell in parallel to the existing switch.

Hi, the reference to a new AQ switch 8 "SE" !!
Excerpt from the report: "Actually, I wanted to introduce you to the SE version of the AQ-Switch-8, but had to refrain from it because Susanne Candeias and Norman Lübke had created an even better variant, which is now on the way to Gröbenzell......" Shy
Germany / Bavaria
Thank you K4680
Hi all, the new improved AQVox Switch-SE is available! Price 798 €
http://www.myhifishop.de/Devices/AQ-SWIT...anguage=en

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Germany / Bavaria