Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boenicke W8
Hi, tomorrow i take delivery of a new pair of Boenicke  W8 loudspeakers.
Is any other person on this site using them or experienced them with Devialet 400's ?
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Did you get them from Elite Audio? I see that they do a 30 day, no quibble money back guarantee. I intend to make use of that to audition some Audio Physic Codex, ans maybe the Boenicke W8 as well.
Please keep us informed of the burn in process and your thoughts of the sound of the W8s.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
They arrived earlier this morning, have put them into the system, i've put a cd on, set in repeat mode, volume down low and i've left them to flex and bed in, it will be a few days before real listening will happen, soon as i'll pass on what i find.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

(19-Jun-2017, 13:10)TheFactsOfLife Wrote: They arrived earlier this morning, have put them into the system, i've put a cd on, set in repeat mode, volume down low and i've left them to flex and bed in, it will be a few days before real listening will happen, soon as i'll pass on what i find.

put the speakers face to face....reverse the speaker wires on one, cover them with a blanket and let them play loud...
Or just listen to them!? Wink

Just to add I've tried the above suggestion, but it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as listening to them.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(22-Jun-2017, 14:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Or just listen to them!? Wink

Just to add I've tried the above suggestion, but it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as listening to them.

well, its just to break them in
Are they broken in yet?

They do look interesting , in a sort of Audio Physic Tempo way.

There must be someone who has these as they seem to have been SAM'med.
(26-Jul-2017, 17:24)ovo Wrote: Are they broken in yet?

They do look interesting , in a sort of Audio Physic Tempo way.

There must be someone who has these as they seem to have been SAM'med.

It was me who took them to a Devialet event for “SAMing”. They do sound absolutely fantastic, a lot of detail. Very natural and because of the little rear tweeters and their small width, they can almost not be located acoustically, giving them an extremely large stage. I also own the W11 which are a bit better in the mids and bass region. But for an average sized room the W8 is perfect. And besides that, they are perhaps the nicest looking and luxuriously crafted speakers that do exist - at least in my opinion ;-)

In the meantime, after many comparisons I sold my Devialet and moved on to the Dualmono Hypex NC500 but that’s another story…