Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(17-Jul-2017, 14:28)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(17-Jul-2017, 14:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Looks great Guillaume!  Where's it been - in hiding?!

Aren't you ever worried that something might get, er, accidentally dropped on them down there?

For what it's worth, for those preferring the black buttons, if you wall mount you rarely notice.....

It's been hiding in its crate sulking, ever since Devialet brought out a "better" model.  Tongue

Not really!!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Guillaume

So now you know it's upgrade time is 'near', it's back in the game? I suppose you need to listen for a bit so you know what's changed when you get it back....

Well, if you don't really like it anymore I'll gladly make use of it for you until the upgrade, would love to see the effect of 1000W on the facts. Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Jul-2017, 14:25)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(17-Jul-2017, 14:14)Confused Wrote:
(17-Jul-2017, 13:47)f1eng Wrote: Me too, as you know I mainly bought the O d'A for the colour Wink

Frank, I thought you bought yours because of all the nice fancy cables that it comes with? Angel

You said almost exactly the same thing to Frank on the 16th January 2016:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...6#pid32706

Guillaume

Sorry, I'll work feverishly on some new and improved quips that should be available soon. Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Jul-2017, 14:31)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(17-Jul-2017, 14:28)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(17-Jul-2017, 14:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Looks great Guillaume!  Where's it been - in hiding?!

Aren't you ever worried that something might get, er, accidentally dropped on them down there?

For what it's worth, for those preferring the black buttons, if you wall mount you rarely notice.....

It's been hiding in its crate sulking, ever since Devialet brought out a "better" model.  Tongue

Not really!!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Guillaume

So now you know it's upgrade time is 'near', it's back in the game? I suppose you need to listen for a bit so you know what's changed when you get it back....

Well, if you don't really like it anymore I'll gladly make use of it for you until the upgrade, would love to see the effect of 1000W on the facts.  Big Grin

No chance! Haha! 

Seriously - what is the point of the O d'A unless you can have it displayed on a pedestal? I had completely forgotten about my beautiful Rosewood plinth, the colour combination is literally amazing! I think Devialet missed a trick here, the combination of exotic wood and pink gold is something else. I can assure you it looks even better in the flesh, these pictures hardly do it justice. The other "surprise" is just how much better they look stacked, this is the first time I have had them in this way.

Actually come to think of it Devialet hardly marketed the O d'A, did they? It could have been such an iconic product for them.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I sense that Guillaume is about to add a second industry disclosure to his "signature"

"UK manufacturer and worldwide distributor of Devialet plinths"
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(17-Jul-2017, 15:50)IanG-UK Wrote: I sense that Guillaume is about to add a second industry disclosure to his "signature"

"UK manufacturer and worldwide distributor of Devialet plinths"

That would be great Big Grin Seriously, those plinths look awesome. I would gladly buy couple of those...
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Yes - me too. They look stunning!

Where did they come from ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(17-Jul-2017, 17:03)Zappydev Wrote: Yes - me too. They look stunning!

Where did they come from ?

I actually bought it with my Absolare amp. It came from Turkey and was quite expensive although I got a deal on it.

I'd actually be very tempted to look at something like this:

http://coreaudiodesigns.com/products/iso...platforms/

I came across this company when I visited Shunyata in Seattle, they use their racks in their listening room. Incredible workmanship and they have some really nice exotic wood finishes. For example I think the African Zebra would work well with the Od'A. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(17-Jul-2017, 12:52)Confused Wrote: That last picture got me thinking.  I wonder if the O'dA will loose the black "D" logo power buttons during the Pro upgrade?  The thing is, the black ones per the above picture look just right I think.  I suspect they might go though, the lighter coloured alternative appears to be the mark of a 'Pro', both on new Pro's and Pro upgraded Expert amps.

That's a tricky one for Devialet. The lighter logo being the indicator that what you're looking at is indeed a Pro inside, upgraded from Expert or new. The OdA stays an OdA no matter what's inside. Or are they going to change the name to 1000 Pro Copper version?

Poll: If Devialet want to change the logo of the OdA after upgrade what colour should it be?

A. Purple
B. Purple
C. Purple
D. Purple

Once everyone owning an OdA has let me know their votes I'm happy to sent a petition to Devialet about the colour we all prefer.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Well, I've walked the dog and I think everyone has had ample time to cast their vote.

And the winner is.......

B. Purple. with C. Purple being the runner up.

I will let Devialet know ASAP so the production process can be started.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Purple would be truly awful! Confused

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<