Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mains power and conditioning
I got a little reaction from Devialet, buy an APS.... but which one, how much wattage? It is nog so easy...
You also have regenerators, is that also an option?
I bought a Torus RM 16 earlier this year and it's making a huge difference. I can very much recommend you to try one at home to see for yourself. You will be surprised... :-)
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
I have just found a read through this thread.
Being a retired electrical engineer i've had some experiences with the quality of electrical mains. Having measured the effects of noise transmitted into the mains caused by inverter motor controllers, dc rectification, simple thyristor controls in lighting system, they all make a noise.(back ground hash).
Also i've been lucky to have used some very good types of filters etc.
Now for myself i've done as we did most of the time, i installed a 5Kw balanced transformer, fed from a 30amp mcb via
10mm swa cable, the outputs are unswitched metal clad sockets all protected by rcd and double pole mcb's, the output are wire with Furutech cable.
The improvements are vast, all back ground hash is gone,sound stage deeper and wide bass now deep,i could go on.
If you have the money along with an understanding electrician, preferable one who have a heavy industrial electrical background, give it a try, you will be impressed
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

(05-Jul-2017, 09:46)TheFactsOfLife Wrote: I have just found a read through this thread.
Being a retired electrical engineer i've had some experiences with the quality of electrical mains. Having measured the effects of noise transmitted into the mains caused by inverter motor controllers, dc rectification, simple thyristor controls in lighting system, they all make a noise.(back ground hash).
Now for myself i've done as we did most of the time, i installed a 5Kw balanced transformer, fed from a 30amp mcb via
10mm swa cable, the outputs are unswitched metal clad sockets all protected by rcd and double pole mcb's, the output are wire with Furutech cable.
The improvements are vast, all back ground hash is gone,sound stage deeper and wide bass now deep,i could go on.
If you have the money along with an understanding electrician, preferable one who have a heavy industrial electrical background, give it a try, you will be impressed

Sounds interesting.  It would be good if you can generate a parts list for us laymen to refer to?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(05-Jul-2017, 11:10)agentsmith Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 09:46)TheFactsOfLife Wrote: I have just found a read through this thread.

Sounds interesting.  It would be good if you can generate a parts list for us laymen to refer to?
 + 1.

And balanced transformer = isolated transformer, right?

Tks!
(13-Jul-2014, 11:15)Confused Wrote:
(12-Jul-2014, 23:21)BjornWiman Wrote: Hello all,

I have experienced a loss of dynamics with certain power distributors when connecting amplifiers with switch mode power supplies. It seems to me that the power distributors are restraining the flow of current not being "fast" enough.

Best regards
BjornWiman
I think "a loss of dynamics" sums up very nicely what I remember hearing.  So what we need is something that can clear up any mains issues, without invoking any power / current restrictions that take anything away in terms of dynamics or anything else.  Any ideas out there as to what might do the job?

Hi Confused

Late in the thread. Perhaps someone here has tried Lab12 Gordian power distributor/conditioner? It's written that the item doesn't affect the dynamics of the system. 

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/07/lab...l.html?m=1
Hello, I have long experimented with power supplies. Now use IsoTek Evo3 Sigmas only for the source devices (Melco, Linn Klimax DS ....). Expert 220pro is directly on the net, without filtering. Play now to my fullest satisfaction Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Has anyone tried out hamster wheels?
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
Everything already tested, unfortunately the hamster no longer wanted Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Photo 

Supra with a new product for mains that dont kost a million
http://www.jenving.com/products/view/dc-...3024000378

Features and benefits
  • Removes DC from AC mains - Silence noise floor substantially
  • Tighter bass reproduction - Outstanding beat from drums, bass and percussion
  • Reduces transformer hum - No irritating noise from the devices
  • Reduces power supply heat dissapation - May prolong life span
  • Filters up to 3.6 VDC - Added capacity for future demands
  • No dampened dynamics - Audible true dynamics
  • Correct reference voltage - Substantially reduced harshness from DAC chips
  • Made in Sweden! - According to Supra Cables No-Nonsense strategy
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"