Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value of used OdA / 1000 pro
I think the problem is not OdA resell value is not good. Things like this, you need to keep, keep it for a while, if you buy it then sell next year, most likely you loose good amount of value, and people feel strange why you are selling so quick, because it's not good? People will question. I suggest you keep it for upgrade before selling. I never sell my stuff for cheap, if I don't get it for a reasonable price I just keep it until I got a reasonable offer.
(25-Jul-2017, 08:22)PeppaPig Wrote: I think the problem is not OdA resell value is not good. Things like this, you need to keep, keep it for a while, if you buy it then sell next year, most likely you loose good amount of value, and people feel strange why you are selling so quick, because it's not good? People will question. I suggest you keep it for upgrade before selling. I never sell my stuff for cheap, if I don't get it for a reasonable price I just keep it until I got a reasonable offer.

You could be right in a way. You could even argue that Mka devalued the other OdA's around by selling his so cheap. But it's an open market out there and anyone can buy and sell for what they choose to. I for one will not sell mine for a long long time simply because I can't afford to lose so much on an upgrade so it's no loss on my side. Others might feel different.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(25-Jul-2017, 08:22)PeppaPig Wrote: I think the problem is not OdA resell value is not good. Things like this, you need to keep, keep it for a while, if you buy it then sell next year, most likely you loose good amount of value, and people feel strange why you are selling so quick, because it's not good? People will question. I suggest you keep it for upgrade before selling. I never sell my stuff for cheap, if I don't get it for a reasonable price I just keep it until I got a reasonable offer.

The million dollar question is of course will it sound better or worse after the upgrade?

More recently I have heard someone comment that the 1000 PRO has a slightly "colder" sound than the OdA. It was a dealer actually with a fair of experience of both.

Could the OdA as it stands end up being a classic?

I am inclined to do the upgrade as I am always a fan of progress and got slightly rattled by the improved specs of the 1000 PRO....  but what if?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
The problem of price for the upgrade, for me anyway, is by the time I'm old enough to afford it my hearing has deteriorated such that I'm unable to hear any difference.
I'll stay with my 200 and keep my money.
I'd like to be in a position to afford a 1000, be young and have hearing good enough to appreciate it.
(25-Jul-2017, 09:45)GuillaumeB Wrote:

The million dollar question is of course will it sound better or worse after the upgrade?

More recently I have heard someone comment that the 1000 PRO has a slightly "colder" sound than the OdA. It was a dealer actually with a fair of experience of both.

I am inclined to do the upgrade as I am always a fan of progress and got slightly rattled by the improved specs of the 1000 PRO....  but what if?

Guillaume

Did the said dealer have an O'dA for sale by any chance? Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(25-Jul-2017, 09:45)GuillaumeB Wrote: More recently I have heard someone comment that the 1000 PRO has a slightly "colder" sound than the OdA. It was a dealer actually with a fair of experience of both.

You only have to look at the Od'A to realise that it will sound a little warmer than a 1000.  Only kidding ... or am I?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(25-Jul-2017, 09:45)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Because they sound better when they've warmed up, I guess the 1000Pro, with it's better temperature management system, would need to be warmed up for longer to sound its best. So get the upgrade and when it comes back, listen to a bit of Lorde cranked up for a while and enjoy the music.  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I would say the best answer we have to the above questions is here:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3567

It does leave the point though that there are no more than 100 Od'A's available now. In time, these will turn into V6 board touting 1000 Pro's in a limited edition case. So as the O'dA's get upgraded, the original V5 powered examples will get rarer and rarer. Will this increase the value of an unmolested O'dA? Personally I doubt it, if I was looking for a second hand O'dA in the future I would most certainly want one with the V6 'Pro' upgrade. You never know though, these things are very hard to predict.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(25-Jul-2017, 10:40)thumb5 Wrote:
(25-Jul-2017, 09:45)GuillaumeB Wrote: More recently I have heard someone comment that the 1000 PRO has a slightly "colder" sound than the OdA. It was a dealer actually with a fair of experience of both.

You only have to look at the Od'A to realise that it will sound a little warmer than a 1000.  Only kidding ... or am I?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin that's funny!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(25-Jul-2017, 13:54)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(25-Jul-2017, 10:40)thumb5 Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin that's funny!

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

You are more than welcome to pop along to our house sometime, if you are in Guildford area, to have a listen to the 1000pro and maybe borrow it when we are next away at end August.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK