Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredrik's system.
(18-Apr-2017, 07:27)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(17-Apr-2017, 20:14)octaviars Wrote:
(17-Apr-2017, 19:51)thumb5 Wrote: Definitely looking forward to hearing about the Aavik when you get time.  How long did you have it in your system - for just the day?  Good to hear something different, I'm sure.

Well I only got it for the day so not that much time but time enough to come to some conclusions.

Being?

Just to keep it short the Aavik is better than a Devialet 440 in my system and the RIAA section is the thing were the Aavik is much better than my 440 so will I buy a Aavik dont know yet time will tell.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(18-Apr-2017, 07:54)GuillaumeB Wrote: Whilst the Aavik is a great unit it has been out for a while now (I first heard it at Munich in 2015) and I would be concerned that there might be an update coming round the corner. In particular there is no support for DSD or DXD which may be an issue for some particularly with all options offered by the likes of HQPlayer for upsampling and conversion. The newer C-300 pre amplifier offered by Aavik supports DSD X2 so this makes me wonder if the U-300 won't be updated soon.

With all that said the U-300 is an extremely capable and nicely designed machine. 

Guillaume

I have been informed that there is not any plans right now to do any upgrades to the U-300 and if they were to make a new DAC section the U-300 will be able to be upgraded I think as I dont see them making a new amplifier and the DAC section is a seperate board. The earliest U-300 can be upgraded to the latest version as there are minor changes over the years.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

How about a C300 and a couple M300s? It would give you all kinds of upgrade paths down the road. Or do you have space and/or WAF issues?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(18-Apr-2017, 18:28)Dr Tone Wrote: How about a C300 and a couple M300s?  It would give you all kinds of upgrade paths down the road.  Or do you have space and/or WAF issues?

Big Grin  WAF may be the smallest broblem looking at a C300/M300 kombo.......

Second system

(18-Apr-2017, 19:28)octaviars Wrote:
(18-Apr-2017, 18:28)Dr Tone Wrote: How about a C300 and a couple M300s?  It would give you all kinds of upgrade paths down the road.  Or do you have space and/or WAF issues?

The golden rule of audiophile purchases:  Ask for forgiveness not permission.    Tongue
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(18-Apr-2017, 19:38)Dr Tone Wrote:
(18-Apr-2017, 19:28)octaviars Wrote:

The golden rule of audiophile purchases:  Ask for forgiveness not permission.    Tongue

Yes that is a golden rule Big Grin

Second system

New stuff in the house. Bought a full TAD system, happy as a little kid on christmas Smile

Cd/dac TAD D1000mk2 
Amplifier TAD M2500mk2 
Speakers TAD Compact Evolution One 

Second system

Wouw! Very very nice!
I would love to hear your opinion on sq!
Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love It!! Hard to beat TAD from input to output Smile

Congrats on the system!
For anyone interested there's a really positive review of the TAD ME-1 (Not Frederik's CE-1) on Soundstage Ultra.

http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...nt-reviews
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.