Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP iOS remote app with Tidal and Qobuz integration
I am using Kazoo on my windows laptop unfortunately it does not see the Devialet while connected to the Melco via Ethernet. This however might be different with the iPad app and WiFi. From what I understand Kazoo desktop works on Openhome which has not been implemented by Devialet.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
(12-Jan-2018, 13:39)JimSmith Wrote: I am using Kazoo on my windows laptop unfortunately it does not see the Devialet while connected to the Melco via Ethernet. This however might be different with the iPad app and WiFi. From what I understand Kazoo desktop works on Openhome which has not been implemented by Devialet.

Hello, so Kazoo works for me, with IOS / Ipad Pro with Devialet, Melco, Tidal and so on! Shy

Here's what else about OpenHome:
OpenHome is a software platform designed to provide high quality digital audio from a variety of sources as well as local network servers, internet radio providers and streaming music providers such as Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify.

Mutli-room playback, managed playlists on device and gapless playback. The platform is built according to the UPnP standard, but simplifies access to services and enhances the capabilities of UPnP.

OpenHome is designed to be the best performer for your device. The core audio engine provides an advanced pipeline model with tunable caches at various stages. The Pipeline provides a plug-in model for content decoders, audio codecs, input sources and audio drivers in their final desings.

Interoperability is a key part of the OpenHome ethos, and is supported by providing a clear, controlled set of API services combined with a full player implementation. Works with all certified UPNP / DLNA devices!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
This would also work with iPeng controller on an iOS device: https://www.vortexbox.co.uk/Audiostore_M...81343.aspx
The optical option to connect to a phantom
Thanks
‚To install another computer/streamer/box etc. to run the INNUOS with the Phantoms is no solution for me.

Linn Kazoo is finding no rooms/Devialet renderers.

i want a simply and clean useable system controlled by one app.

BuppleUpnP is such an easy solution, but it’s Android ... I have tested it, with an old Android phone - it works with the Expert and the Panthoms and my NAS, and TIDAL and Qobuz - nice. INNUOS told me it would work with the Zenith if I would buy one.

I have had contact to INNUOS they confirmed that there is no solution for this this time with iOS.

Devialet confirmed this and told me they are working on a solution.

I am surprised that no one is able to create an app like BuppleUpnP for iOS.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(12-Jan-2018, 22:11)midi Wrote: ‚To install another computer/streamer/box etc. to run the INNUOS with the Phantoms is no solution for me.

BuppleUpnP is such an easy solution, but it’s Android ... I have tested it, with an old Android phone - it works with the Expert and the Panthoms and my NAS, and TIDAL and Qobuz - nice. INNUOS told me it would work with the Zenith if I would buy one.

I have had contact to INNUOS they confirmed that there is no solution for this this time with iOS.

Hello midi,

I’m new to the forum this explains my late reply.
I wanted to react to this thread.
There is one app that could fit your expectations (I am still waiting for my equipment so I was not able to test it with Devialet hardware so far):

The app is called mConnect HD (for iPad) / mConnect for iPhone/iPod.
Cost is about 7 euros but a free version is available to test it.

It is fully compatible with upnp/dlna protocol and also "google cast" since the last update. It integrates both TIDAL and Qobuz hi-res streaming services and some cloud access.
The only downside is the « poor » quality of the renderer integrated in the app and which is only used if you want to hear music on your i-Device.
I use it to control and send music from My Synology NAS to a FIIO X7 DAP running BubbleUPNP, a Chromecast audio, an AK 120 II, a N-50 Pioneer streamer, a Hegel H360 and I will try it with my Phantom to come. It can also be used to play locally available music (i.e. music on the X7 or on the i-Device, so you don't need a NAS)

It works flawlessly and is very stable. This, for me, is the BubbleUPNP alternative we were expecting for on iOS.
Hope this could help...

Log

PS: You can also try the Astell & Kern App which integrates TIDAL and dlna support as DMC.
(20-Jan-2018, 21:40)LogA3 Wrote:
(12-Jan-2018, 22:11)midi Wrote: ‚To install another computer/streamer/box etc. to run the INNUOS with the Phantoms is no solution for me.

Hello midi,

I’m new to the forum this explains my late reply.
I wanted to react to this thread.
There is one app that could fit your expectations (I am still waiting for my equipment so I was not able to test it with Devialet hardware so far):

The app is called mConnect HD (for iPad) / mConnect for iPhone/iPod.
Cost is about 7 euros but a free version is available to test it.

It is fully compatible with upnp/dlna protocol and also "google cast" since the last update. It integrates both TIDAL and Qobuz hi-res streaming services and some cloud access.
The only downside is the « poor » quality of the renderer integrated in the app and which is only used if you want to hear music on your i-Device.
I use it to control and send music from My Synology NAS to a FIIO X7 DAP running BubbleUPNP, a Chromecast audio, an AK 120 II, a N-50 Pioneer streamer, a Hegel H360 and I will try it with my Phantom to come.  It can also be used to play locally available music (i.e. music on the X7 or on the i-Device, so you don't need a NAS)

It works flawlessly and is very stable.  This, for me, is the BubbleUPNP alternative we were expecting for on iOS.
Hope this could help...

Log

PS: You can also try the Astell & Kern App which integrates TIDAL and dlna support as DMC.

Thanks, I had mconnect already tested, unfortunately it does not work. The Devialet devices are not recognized. I asked the mconnect team. Their answer was that I should try to ask Devialet, because they would get no reaction from Devialet.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Hello midi,

Sorry to read that.
In the meantime, I found this on the website of Devialet : https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles...ter-un-NAS

"Streamer de la musique directement du NAS au Devialet sans ordinateur, uniquement en sélectionnant un fichier depuis votre Ipad ou autre mobile device, n’est actuellement pas une fonctionnalité supporté.
Cette fonction s’appelle compatibilité UPnP (ou DLNA). Nous ne supportons pas cette fonction pour le moment mais proposerons probablement une solution dans le futur. Nous voulons d’abord avoir une version correct car le protocole UPnP existant n’est pas approprié; "

Meaning : Upnp/dlna functionalities are not par of the currently supported technologies because they find the existing Upnp protocol is not "appropriate". They suggest they could release something and propose a direct USB connection between their hardware and a NAS using USB cable as a solution (so you can pilot the music through spark application without use of a computer). Not sure this is applicable to the Phantom thought.

Also, as I was not aware of this technical limitation (thanks for your feedback!), and because having many different systems available and not being able to control all of them using one unique application will really be an major issue for my... wife... I think I will cancel my order and shift to a B&O A9 which was part of my selection. Even if I have to admit, the upgrade potential is not the same.

But being captive of one not interoperable system was already the reason why I decided not to move to Sonos... I will certainly not go for this with another manufacturer.

Log
(21-Jan-2018, 16:26)LogA3 Wrote: Hello midi,

Sorry to read that.
In the meantime, I found this on the website of Devialet : https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles...ter-un-NAS

"Streamer de la musique directement du NAS au Devialet sans ordinateur, uniquement en sélectionnant un fichier depuis votre Ipad ou autre mobile device, n’est actuellement pas une fonctionnalité supporté.
Cette fonction s’appelle compatibilité UPnP  (ou DLNA). Nous ne supportons pas cette fonction pour le moment mais proposerons probablement une solution dans le futur. Nous voulons d’abord avoir une version correct car le protocole UPnP existant n’est pas approprié; "

Meaning : Upnp/dlna functionalities are not par of the currently supported technologies because they find the existing Upnp protocol is not "appropriate".  They suggest they could release something and propose a direct USB connection between their hardware and a NAS using USB cable as a solution (so you can pilot the music through spark application without use of a computer). Not sure this is applicable to the Phantom thought.

Also, as I was not aware of this technical limitation (thanks for your feedback!), and because having many different systems available and not being able to control all of them using one unique application will really be an major issue for my... wife...  I think I will cancel my order and shift to a B&O A9 which was part of my selection.  Even if I have to admit, the upgrade potential is not the same.

But being captive of one not interoperable system was already the reason why I decided not to move to Sonos...  I will certainly not go for this with another manufacturer.

Log

Some information on the Devialet website aren´t the newest one...

There is a beta functionality for the Phantoms as UPnP renderer. There is a UPnP functionality for the Experts with the new CI. But there is no Devialet app to stream from an UPnP server.

So you need a third partie app at the moment. I tried BubbleUPnP (which is Android) for this - both systems, Experts and Phantoms, are recognized and BubbleUPnP offers Qobuz. Only problem: it is Android.

There are some iOS UPnP apps, who work also with both systems, but they offer no Qobuz, Tidal...

Everything speaks in favor of a uniform Devialet UPnP software. but it is still dating.